cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Service status last night said problem with landline

Timp57
Joining in

last night had no landline looked at service status said problem in your area, got text saying now working and i still had no landline. then service status came up again and said problem in your area. again got message saying now working but still no landline problem must be in a box somewhere as phones ok. is there anyone at Virgin that can look into this for me.

Thank you

3 REPLIES 3

Ayisha_B
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Timp57 👋,

Welcome back to our Community Forums and thanks for your post 😊

I am sorry you're  having some issues with your landline. 

I have taken a look at our systems and there is currently no outage showing. 

Do you currently have no dial tone? 

There are a few troubleshooting checks I will need you to perform to see if they are successful in resolving the issue. Can you:

•Check the phone is seated in the base unit correctly & powered ON. 
•Remove all other equipment connected to telephone sockets. 
•Unplug the phone and check another phone directly into the main socket ensuring this is a VM socket and not one with a BT or Sky logo. If no alternative handset is available then ensure the original phone is plugged into the main socket with no other pieces of equipment being plugged in. 
If after trying the above, the issue remains, then please respond to my PM so I can assist further and arrange a technician visit. 

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hello Ayisha

I don't have a dial tone everything was okay was using the phones no problem we only found out off a fault when someone could not get hold of us and checked service status the message of a problem came up.

I don't think it a house problem but a fault in the box or exchange also i don't have anybody in the house during working hours.

Ayisha_B
Forum Team
Forum Team

Thanks for confirming the requested details via PM @Timp57,
I've booked a technician for you to come out and have a look into the issue with your landline. You can find confirmation of the visit via your online account.

Please let me know if there are any problems with the date or time and I can look to reschedule this for you. 

Please ensure there is someone over the age of 18 present at the time of the visit. If you need to change or cancel your appointment you can also do this online or via the MyVM app by 4pm the day before the appointment.

If you do miss an agreed appointment for any reason, a £25 missed appointment charge will be applied to your account on the day of the appointment.

Let us know how the visit goes!

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs