cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Service - Cannot make/receive calls

Celiagreig
Joining in

How does one get to call virgin and get an engineer round….. no numbers , it’s driving me mad. 
can’t make outgoing calls or receive incoming ones for the last few weeks So bought  a new phone.- same problem 

[MOD EDIT: Subject title changed for clarity]

5 REPLIES 5

David_Bn
Forum Team
Forum Team

Good Afternoon @Celiagreig, thanks for your post on our Community Forums, and welcome back!

Sorry to hear of the landline issues you've been experiencing.

I've looked into the local area and cannot see any local issues effecting the services.

Can you please confirm if you handset is connected to the master socket or via an extension socket? 

Are there any pieces of equipment connected to the extension sockets on the phone line?

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

Thanks for getting back to me. Yes it is. 
just tried dialling out …. It makes the numbers sound per digit but then the line goes dead.

Thanks for coming back to me @Celiagreig.

Would I therefore be correct in thinking that you have a dial tone on the service?

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

Thank you but the problem is now fixed. I managed to get through to a virgin help desk and they seem to have fixed the problem so all ok. Just wish Virgin didn’t make it so hard to find the help number 

Thanks for the update celiagreig, glad to hear this has now been resolved. You can find all of our contact methods here, If you require technical assistance, you can give the team a call on 150/0345 454 1111 option 1, then option 2 this will get you through to the technical team who will be happy to look into this further for you.

Alternatively just pop us a message here and we'll be happy to help 🙂

Rob