cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Selective problem with Outgoing Calls

cheekyangus
Superfast

This is a strange one.

Incoming calls appear to be OK and so do Outgoing calls to area codes that are not our own, but those that share our area code appear to not be connecting properly.

The first indication on a local area code call that something is different is that there's no ringing noise after the number has been dialed. All there is is silence. You can't here anyone and they can't hear you.

When you get a call back from the person you were calling they tell us that when they answer the phone all they hear is silence. So the calls are getting through to local areas codes but the audio isn't, neither side of the call is hearing anything.

Calls to numbers with a different area code and mobile numbers both work though. It makes a ringing sound prior to connection and then they answer, as normal and expected.

So, for some reason calls to our local area code aren't working properly, and seemingly only them.

Summary:

Mobile calls: WORK

Local Area Codes on Landline : DOES NOT WORK

Other Area Codes on Landline : WORK

Voicemail : Can reach and apparently works

I've turned handsets and phone base stations off and on, and also rebooted the router, as our landline now requires that, and nothing has changed.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

cheekyangus
Superfast

It seems to be working again.

Fingers crossed.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

2 REPLIES 2

cheekyangus
Superfast

It seems to be working again.

Fingers crossed.

Zoie_P
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Cheekyagnus, 

Thank you for your post.
I am sorry you are having issues with your landline and thank you for all the info provided. And thank you for your up date 😊

I have had a look at our systems and can see there is an issue in your area which is affecting customers calling/receiving from certain numbers.
the fix date is:  13/02/2023 10:33:47, keep an eye on it and let us know if it changes it looks like the engineers are looking into the cause.

Thanks,

Zoie