cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Security question unknown

Ellis60
Joining in

Hi

my parents have been sent a box to plug in their phone line into, the letter said for a better service.

they have done as requested (81 and 84years old) but can only now make call out and not now receiving calls.

they cannot remember their security questions when calling virgin and have been told that virgin cannot help. Surely there is another way to help them reset the security question?

I do not live with my parents but have received the call from them as they do not know what to do.

can you help?

Andrea (daughter)

11 REPLIES 11

Corey_C

Thanks for your post and welcome to the Community Forums, Andrea,

If they are the account holder then they will be asked accounts based questions or they can have the information sent to the service address.

Cheers,

Corey C

The person she spoke to said that if she doesn’t know the security questions then they can’t help!

I said exactly what you said that they must be able to ask something else to verify the account.

ive asked her to ring again but not heard back yet to see what’s happened.

OK, let us know how it goes, Ellis60.

Cheers,

Corey C

Hi

mum was on the phone for 3 hours!!

she was pushed from pillar to post and eventually was told that it was a problem with virgin. They said it would e fixed today but still not working. 

andrea

Cheers for the update Andrea, 

So your mum was able to pass the data protection part and speak with the faults team? If there is an area fault then you might be able to check on line by postcode virg.in/service  

Cheers,

Corey C

Yes, she managed to sort the security checks eventually. 
I check under her post code and tel number yesterday when she told me but it said there were no faults!

not really sure what she can do now but have to call them back. It’s just so stressful for her.

Virgin status still says no issues found, thinking she have been misled yesterday.

It all sounds very strange, Ellis60, if you know their details then I will send you a private message and maybe I can see what's going on. Of course due to data protection and it's your parents account some information cannot be shared with yourself, but if it needs someone sending out then I can do that.

Cheers,

Corey C

Hi

that would be great.

what details do you need from me?