cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scam call

dandypeople
Tuning in

Just had a call from visa debit security. Difficult to understand the heavily indian accented recorded message so pressed 3 to hear it again. I then seemed to be put through somewhere else rather than a repeat of the message. They were querying two transactions, neither of which i had made. I asked for the card number involved but she said she couldn't give it, she asked for my bank, I wouldn't give it. Long and short is she hung up. Obviously now it was a scam but convincing by not asking any personal information for some time. Now worried that I might have been connected to some premium rate number and that i am going to be hit with some huge bill. What, if anything, can i do about this. I cannot find anywhere that I can see current charges only last months bill which was normal.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Ashleigh_C
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi there @dandypeople

Thank you so much for your post and welcome back to the Community Forums!

I am so sorry to hear that this has happened! Thank you for bringing it to our attention.

You can look up our help pages on how to handle phishing calls online here

I'd be happy to look into this with you, I'll send you a PM now so we can do so. 

Please keep an eye out for the purple envelope in the top right corner of your screen alerting you to a new message. 

Thank you. 

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

2 REPLIES 2

goslow
Alessandro Volta

The premium rate charge from an incoming call scam is often talked about online but rarely documented with actual examples. It seems to be an amalgamation of several different scam stories.

To put your mind at rest, you can Log into 'My Virgin Media'. From the welcome page click 'View Bill' and part way down expand the drop down for 'Your usage charges' (which should show £0.00 with no charges pending).

Some unexplained charges to 09 numbers crop up on here from time to time but these have never been properly explained as being caused by the above scenario.

Ashleigh_C
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi there @dandypeople

Thank you so much for your post and welcome back to the Community Forums!

I am so sorry to hear that this has happened! Thank you for bringing it to our attention.

You can look up our help pages on how to handle phishing calls online here

I'd be happy to look into this with you, I'll send you a PM now so we can do so. 

Please keep an eye out for the purple envelope in the top right corner of your screen alerting you to a new message. 

Thank you.