cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Routing cables internally

Alchymist
Joining in

When my cable was installed, I was informed that it couldn't be routed internally.  As my television is at the back of the house, the cable was laid round three sides of my semi-detached property before coming in the wall there.  It is all at ground level.  This leaves it vulnerable to accidental damage while gardening.  The junction box for the phone connection is also on the wall adjacent to the drive giving possible risks from bad driving.

Ideally, I would like the cable to enter at the front of the house and have an internal run through to the television.  I accept that this is non-standard and chargeable, but it feels like it must be possible.

6 REPLIES 6

Hayley_S
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hello @Alchymist,

Welcome, thanks for posting.

I am sorry to see this.

We can book something for you, but there would be a call out charge of £25 to send an engineer round. If you are okay with this let me know.

Many thanks,

Hayley
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

I'm happy to pay £25 IF the work is, in principle, possible.  That's why I'm checking.  If it turns out there is some specific reason why it can't be done given my property, then fair enough, but I want to be clear that your engineers are permitted to route cables internally in general.

Hayley_S
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

No problem @Alchymist.

I will send you a private message now, please look out for a purple envelope.

Many thanks,

Hayley
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Hayley_S
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hello @Alchymist.

Thank you for confirming your detail.

I have booked an engineer for you, to do the job you have requested.

Please check your online account to see the booking, let me know if this date and time is okay for you.

Many thanks,

Hayley
Forum Team

After some effort, I have managed to get into My Orders and I confirm that the date and time is suitable for me (even if I may have to make my excuses in a meeting).

Thanks for coming back to us @Alchymist, do feel free to give our team a nudge on the Forums, if you need any further assistance

Kindest regards,

David_Bn