cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Retaining a landline number

misspinny
Joining in

Good evening, we have had the same landline number for over 30 years. I am with Virgin Media and my Mum is taking over the contract, at the same address. I was reassured that the number would not be lost and that we could keep it by contacting Virgin Customer Service once my Mum's new TV/broadband/landline were installed. I explained why we needed to keep the number, as all my Mum's contacts, hospital/GP calls etc have this number.  The customer service rep checked with her manager and gave me his name as reassurance that the number would not be lost. I said that I would not change the contract if the number could not be retained but was given multiple assurances.Today, 26 August 2022, the landline number we asked to keep has been cut off. I am very concerned why this has happened, and would like to know what we can do about it, thank you for any help you can offer.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Kain_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi there misspinny,

Thanks for your post and welcome to the community.

Apologies for the issues faced regarding this landline, to clarify have you contacted the team regarding this?

If so what's been advised?

Let us know,

Kain

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

3 REPLIES 3

Kain_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi there misspinny,

Thanks for your post and welcome to the community.

Apologies for the issues faced regarding this landline, to clarify have you contacted the team regarding this?

If so what's been advised?

Let us know,

Kain

misspinny
Joining in

Hi Kain,

Thanks for replying 😊  I called the customer support team again and they said that it doesn't matter that the line has been cut off, that the new number is just a temporary one and the old number will be transferred over in a few days.

So I am feeling hopeful that the number will be retrievable although it's an old BT number from decades ago.

Kain_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

No worries, many thanks for the replies, 

Did they specify a specific timeframe regarding this? Also when was this advised?

Thanks again,

Kain