Menu
Danjd
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Retain telephone number

My vm broadband and phone package is being transferred to my parents because i am moving to a non vm home.

My parents already have vm and want to retain their current home phone number. Is this possible either on transfer or just after the transfer?

If so what is the procedure? To confirm they don't want my number after the contract transfers.

Thanks

Dan

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Retain telephone number

Good Morning Danjd,

Thanks for your post on our Community Forums! A very warm welcome you to!

This can be done for you but this can be a slightly lengthy process. Are your parents looking to cancel their services?

It's likely that they will have to cancel the services and serve a 30 notice and request to keep the number open, it would also be handy to know if the landline number is originally a Virgin Media number or has this been ported in from a different provider previously?

We'd then need to move the account over from your address to your parents and then request to change the number from the one you'd like to discard to the one we'd have on hold for your parents - but this may be tricky to do if this is not an original number issued by Virgin Media. This can also be a lengthy process and may result in your parents either having your old number or a temporary number, from virgin Media for approximately a month - that would depend on if you're currently based in the same area reference.

David_Bn 

0 Kudos
Danjd
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the quick response David

They will cancel/ take mine over

They have had the number for over 20 years, i'm not sure if it originated from vm but would assume it was bt line when house built.

They are a different are code to me.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the response Danjd

I've been speaking with a colleague, who's recently moved into digital support after spending over 10 years working on phone lines, in regards to this to see if we can work together to get the best possible solution put in place for you.

I'll need to obtain sensitive information from you in regards to your account as well as your parents account.

I'll drop you a PM to get the ball rolling, so please look in the top right hand corner for a PM from me

David_Bn

0 Kudos