cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reset - Fibre Phone Adaptor

zambo
Superfast

Yesterday I received a fibre phone adaptor in the post, with information telling me how I set this up when Virgin Media inform to do it. I have two questions.

1. It says that some connected devices may not be compatible. If my phone isn't, do VM expect me to buy one that is?

2. I have no idea what 'As this is a new service, you may need to reset your set up and activation codes as well as your feature settings' means.

Would be grateful for any info.Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Adri_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi there Zambo, 

Thank you for your query and welcome back to our forum.

I am sorry to hear about this confusion with our new 21CV line migration, we will do our best to explain anything you may not have clear at the moment.

Firstly, when referring to device compatibility we mean devices that connect to the telephone line like alarms meaning if not compatible with our service you would have to address this matter to the manufacturer.
It is highly unlikely that your phone would not be compatible as the only thing you need to do to connect the line is to plug your phone cable to the adaptor and to the telephone port at the back of your hub. This is a standard cable all phones should use.

When we refer to resetting your set up, we simply mean you might have to reboot your hub once plugged in so to get the line working. Also, the feature settings refer to the landline features such as call forwarding that should need setting up again after the changes so to work again as normal. You can change these by calling us at 0345 454 1111.

I hope this information helps, is there any more questions or concerns? Let us know and we are happy to assist you.

Adri
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

3 REPLIES 3

Adri_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi there Zambo, 

Thank you for your query and welcome back to our forum.

I am sorry to hear about this confusion with our new 21CV line migration, we will do our best to explain anything you may not have clear at the moment.

Firstly, when referring to device compatibility we mean devices that connect to the telephone line like alarms meaning if not compatible with our service you would have to address this matter to the manufacturer.
It is highly unlikely that your phone would not be compatible as the only thing you need to do to connect the line is to plug your phone cable to the adaptor and to the telephone port at the back of your hub. This is a standard cable all phones should use.

When we refer to resetting your set up, we simply mean you might have to reboot your hub once plugged in so to get the line working. Also, the feature settings refer to the landline features such as call forwarding that should need setting up again after the changes so to work again as normal. You can change these by calling us at 0345 454 1111.

I hope this information helps, is there any more questions or concerns? Let us know and we are happy to assist you.

Adri
Forum Team

Adri, many thanks for your quick reply and really helpful info. It is much appreciated.

Adri_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

No problems at all Zambo,

Always glad to be of help to you.
Please, feel free to pop back here and ask should you need anything more in the future.

Have a lovely day 🙂

Adri
Forum Team