cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Request engineer visit

s1571
On our wavelength

We have had a problem for months now where there is crackling on the line, sometimes so bad it is impossible to continue the conversation. Now it doesn't work at all, there is no dial done. Calling our number gives a ringing signal, but the phone does not actually ring and picking it up does not stop the ringing signal.

Can we book someone to look at this for us please?

7 REPLIES 7

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @s1571,

Welcome to our Community Forums! Thank you for your post, and I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing some issues with your landline at the moment!  I can understand that this can be very frustrating for you.

Have you taken a look at our online Landline Faults page to see if this can help with your issue? Please take a look and let us know how you get on.

Can you tell us if your landline is plugged into a master socket (Socket with a logo) or an extension socket (socket with no logo)?

Please let us know and we'll be happy to look into this further for you.

Thank you.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

s1571
On our wavelength

Hi.

Yes I've been through that. The phone is connected to a master socket (Telewest Communications logo). Two other phones are plugged into a splitter and extension cable from there, but the result is the same when they are individually plugged into the master socket.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @s1571,

Thank you for coming back to us about this issue and for checking the landline sockets.

You've stated that there are three pieces of equipment connected to your sockets altogether, correct? How is the connection when you disconnect one of the extension phones? Do you have any dial tone then? 

Please take a look and let us know how you get on.

Thank you.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

s1571
On our wavelength

No, the result is the same with any of them plugged in separately.

Tom_F
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thanks for keeping us updated on this @s1571. Please get back to me via PM (the purple envelope icon) and we'll be able to take a closer look into this for you. 

Tom 

s1571
On our wavelength

I replied to Tom_F's PM on Wednesday, but still not had any update on this. Can someone go ahead and book an engineer for me please?

Serena_C
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @s1572

Apologies that you have not received a response yet, I am happy to book an enginer appointment for you but I will need to send you a private message to confirm your address first. Please look out for the purple envelope and we will get this booked in for you asap.

Best wishes,

Serena