Menu
Highlighted
triton_uk
Joining in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Remove voicemail from my landline

Please remove this from my landline. Not asked for and can't be cancelled online or through 150 or 1571.

Apparently, I have to waste my time posting this because I can't directly message a staff member who I can see from these community boards has already done this for many customers before. It appears to be considered by Virgin to be unsolicited contact, except of course I am the customer.

Not a bit like the literally hundreds of unsolicited sales calls I've had from Virgin's Philippine offices trying to upsell me services I repeatedly tell them I don't want.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Remove voicemail from my landline

Hi triton_uk, thanks for your post.

The reason unsolicited private messages aren't allowed is to ensure the workload is distributed evenly. It's better for us as staff & for customers as well because we can keep response-times as fast as possible.

I'll be able to help remove voicemail from your landline, and I can remove marketing consent from your account as well if you like - just respond to the PM I'm going to send shortly to complete a security check & we'll take it from there.

Tom 

JRSP73
Joining in
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi Tom

I have a similar problem to the other member.  I need to remove the 1571 service from my elderly father's service since he has been taken into hospital and I need to spoke hospital staff mistakenly leaving message for me there, as his next of kin and point of contact. I am disabled and live some distance from his property which, in any case, is an upstairs studio flat which I cannot reach.  Can you help me please?

Many thanks

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Sorry to hear about this situation JRSP73 - I'll send you a PM too so we can help further.

Tom

0 Kudos
woolley
Joining in
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Im in the same boat, nearly broke a leg this morning trying to get to the phone before voice mail kicked in.

Please, please remove the voicemail from my landline

Woolley

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi woolley,

Thank you for reaching out to us in our community, I am sorry the voicemail is kicking in too quick not giving you long enough to gt to your phone.

I will be more than happy to remove this feature, to do so I will invite you into a private chat, I will send you an invite shortly, please click on the purple envelope to accept.

Kind regards

Paul.

0 Kudos
woolley
Joining in
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Voicemail finally deactivated, but why does it take 2 engineers a full day to sort it out

A simple on/off switch would be better

woolley
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi Allan,

It would of been that simple if it was showing on your account, the issue was we needed to remove it from the switch which is now done, thank you for your patience. any changes to the switch can take up to 24 hours

Regards

Paul.

0 Kudos
fahl
Joining in
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Please remove this from my landline. Not asked for and can't be cancelled online or through 150 or 1571.

0 Kudos