Menu
PeteR43
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Regular loss of phone service

I have Virgin phone & broadband. Over the last 10 months or so I have had about 10+ loss of phone connection. Broadband unaffected. Each time an engineer appointment is set up and then cancelled as they fix the problem remotely. Despite promises of Area Manager involvement (never happens) and long conversations with Tech Support we have no long term resolution of this issue. Last week the phone died on Wednesday, back Thursday and died again Friday, back Saturday. My next door neighbour is also Virgin phone and has had no issues (she has a Hub 3 to my Hub 2) . I am due to renew my contract but will be forced to leave if this cannot be fixed permenantly. Anyone had similar issues?

0 Kudos
nick_london
Fibre optic
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Regular loss of phone service

If it is available in your area, try asking them to provide your phone service over your broadband instead. It is basically a VoIP phone service and faults such as yours are not possible with this one particular phone service.

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Tom_S
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi PeteR43, welcome to our community forums.

I am sorry to hear your frustration with this. Are you aware of what steps the agents are taking to resolve the issue at our end for you? Have you been advised on any area issues that are affecting your services?

Thanks,

Tom_S

0 Kudos
PeteR43
Joining in
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Tom_S. To date conversations with Tech Support are merely to arrange appt. which is then cancelled as fault fixed remotely. One Tech Support operator tried to follow-up on what was being done to fix fault and investigate what is the root cause for the ongoing failures. Unfortunately this led to nothing, once the service is operational again no one seems to care about the ongoing failure issue.

Would Nick-London’s idea of providing the phone service over my broadband work? My neighbour (Virgin too) has no issues. Her phone is plugged directly into the router so I assume this is the service she has.

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) David_Pn
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

If an area outage is identified on the network which could be impacting on the service any engineer appointments will be cancelled until the area outage has been resolved. 

We are sorry if this wasn't made clear to you and we apologise for any ongoing disruption which has been caused.

You can stay updated on any area outages which could be impacting on your service through our status page here . 

David_Pn
Forum Team

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos
PeteR43
Joining in
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the input Forum Support. My frustration is not with the remote fix and cancelled engineer visits, it's always easier if things can be fixed remotely. My frustration is that the fix appears to just be replacing a failed component and no effort is being made as to why the same component has failed over 10 times in the last 10 months and twice this weekend. Can you use your influence to start an investigation, the last 3 Tech Supports have promised this and nothing has happened. Also can you answer if a switch to fibre for my phone would resolve the problem as other users have suggested. How do I go about arranging this? Thanks for your support

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hello PeteR43

Thanks for your post 

Sorry to hear about the repeat faults with your telephone service 

From what you have advised it is a fault with a connection in the cabinet

This is something that the engineers will be fully aware of 

Our cabinets are currently undergoing upgrades. 

At the moment we have no timescale for this 

You will be notified by letter of any upgrades to local cabinets before this happens

Regarding the request to change to Fibre, this is being rolled out bit we have no time scales 

Gareth_L

0 Kudos