cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Receive calls

Mextom
Joining in

I cannot receive calls from mobiles on my landline. When virgin technicians call me from their line it work. No solution offered. Technician was her and said number needs to be reset. Nothing changed. Then it would take 8 days to fix itself, now latest they say its my handset. But it works fine to make calls and receive calls from virgin. I am going crazy, spent hours in the helplines. No solution.please help..

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi Mextom, 

Thanks for coming back to us via the Community to let me know all is working for you now. 

If you have any further issues, please pop back and let us know. 

Take care, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

10 REPLIES 10

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Mextom,

Welcome to our Community Forums! Thank you for your post, and I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing some issues with your landline!

Can you tell me what happens when you try to call your landline from your mobile phone?

Are you able to call mobiles from your landline?

Please keep us updated so we can look into this further.

Thanks! 🙂

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

Hi Paulina,

i have a ringtone and then it tranfers me to a BT voicemail. Funnily enough when the virgin people called me they could reach me.  I am definitively dialing the right number. And I can also call my own mobile from the landline but when i call the number back My landline phone doesnt ring.

thanks

Just now I called my own number which I could reach from a landline from a mobile and a lady answered saying this is her number. Really freely. Please help

Hi Mextom, 

thanks for coming back to us about this issue with your landline, I am sorry it's been causing some frustration and that you've not had the help you feel like you've needed from the other teams. 

So as I understand this from what you have said - 

• You cannot call your own landline from another phone, when you do it either transfers you to a BT voicemail or another person picks up.
  • The engineers have said the number needs to be switched.
  • Whenever Virgin Media support needs to call you, it seems to work fine.

Is this all correct?

If yes, I have a few other questions for you to try and understand the issue a little more, please answer in bullet points so I can see everything clearly - 

• Can any of your friends or family ring your landline with no issues?
  • The engineer said the number needs to be switched, have you requested this from our landline team yet? 
  • Have you recently ported over to us from another provider? 
  • Have you tried to use a new handset to resolve the issue?

Thanks,

Megan_L 

Hi,

to answer your questions 

it is not all correct.

• I can call my landline from any other landline, however I cannot call my landline from any mobile phone.
  • when I call my own landline from any mobile phone another person answers or her BT voicemail.
  • the engineer said he had taken care of the number being fixed, I told him I also dont care which number I have and that there is no need to keep that particular number
  • Since Virgin calls me from a landline and refused to use a mobile they confirmed all is well now and dont seem to understand my problem. So please dial my number from a mobile and you will see.
  • I have not had a number in the UK before so I didnt port any number.
  • my handset works perfectly as I can make calls to landlines and mobiles.

i hope I answered all your questions and really hope I can get help soon.

thanks thomas

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

This is unusual.

There should not be any occurence of two seperate lines having the same number. But it could happen if they were on different networks.

When you done the test call from another landline, was that from a Virgin landline or a landline on the BT network?

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

The landline that it worked from was not a virgin line …

Hi Mextom, 

Thanks for coming back to us and answering some further questions on this for us. 

I would like to take a closer look at this and have found out some things since looking. I have also spoken with a colleague who works specifically in our Landline teams. 

I will need to pass through data protection with you to discuss this further. I have sent you a private message regarding this. Just click on the little plum envelope at the top right hand side of the page to access your inbox.

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Kath,

thanks a lot. After hours spent in the hotline, you finally solved my problem.

great job!

mextom