cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Phone charges for 0345 454 1111 number and being charged for no internet connection

Andarney
Joining in

Hi

I've had to ring your 0345 number on my weekend call tariff. On there over an hour. Will I be charged?

I had letter about the emergency back up pack I have for my personal alarm; it needed changing as it won't work after Mar 22. Appointment made for 5th April no one came.  I've heard nothing further from you.  I'm disabled and non verbal. I got a friend to call on my behalf and got passed from pillar to post on there over an hour and was promised a text or phone call but nothing .  To make matters worse for some reason I'm not down as vulnerable.  No one knows anything about these power packs! Why send out letters quoting this number?  Why aren't you staff aware?

Also I had 4 days with no internet last month but I've been charged for it. Tried several times to get through to billing but again it's impossible.

I'm really disappointed with Virgin. You show no empathy for disabled people and a don't care attitude but you're ripping me off every month by charging me for your pitiful service.

5 REPLIES 5

Paul_DN
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Andarney,

Thank you for reaching out to us in our community and welcome, the current backup you have is still OK, we will be changing them and will be in contact once this is being changed, inn regards to the 0845 number this is free up to 1 Hour at weekend, you can also call us on 150 which is free 7 days a week.

Regards

Paul.

Hi Paul

It was 0345 number not 0845.

The letter I had I was to phone that number urgently as after March 22 it wouldn't work.

What about for billing for 4 days with no internet?

Hi Andarney,

I had the same Email and this has been put back at the moment, you will receive an Email before we switch the equipment, 0345 454 1111 is free up to the Hour at weekend as it comes as a standard number will all 01,02 and 03 numbers.

Regards

Paul.

I don't see why I should have to pay to speak to virgin. I thought was a dedicated number for the back up pack. Virgin are con merchants.
You didn't answer my question about 4 days without internet and no recompense.

Good Morning @Andarney, thanks for coming back to us

In relation to the billing on the account, if you had a complete loss of service on the broadband or landline services for over 48 hours, you would then be issued a credit of £8.06 on your account for every 24 hour period beyond that point - as per the guidelines we have here

In regards to the charges for the phone call to our 0345 number, we do have our 150 for Media and 789 for mobile numbers that are free of charge for all Virgin Media and Mobile users - if you do have someone to call on your services, on your behalf.

I'm happy to look into the account to ensure a flag marking you as vulnerable, check out the purple envelope in the top right hand corner for my private message

Kindest regards,

David_Bn