cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Phantom calls charged on my bill

dmchapman
Tuning in

Good luck. I've been having phantom charges on my phonebill since July.

Twice (Aug and then Sept) I was told an engineer had fixed it and it was a mistake on VM side. I'm still seeing billed calls, and last week VM called and confirmed that actually there was no record of any engineer ever coming, and that basically they had lied. Twice.

I've now had an engineer last Thur who assured me he would fix it by "ripping the cables out" as we didn't use the phone line. I'm not seeing calls again, so that clearly didn't actually happen.

I'm escalating my complaints again, but given they've also just emailed and said that my loyalty discounts are finishing in Dec so my bill is going up 15 quid I'm thinking I'll just tell them to get lost, move elsewhere and carry on with the complaint via the independent adjudicator to get any money due sent back to me.

Been a very happy customer for many many years (since NTL days!) but getting so fed up now.

13 REPLIES 13

they've now hung up on me. This is ridiculous - can someone at Virginmedia call me to sort this.  It's already been agreed that you are at fault, so why are you now disabling my service through no fault of my own.

I'm just getting offshore call centres who are either trying to sell me more services (like I want to agree to a new contract!) or tell me I have to pay. I'm not paying 600 quid for calls that are not mine

Hi @dmchapman,

I am so sorry for the poor experience. It is certainly not the level of service we aim to provide.

I will pop you a PM now so we can discuss this further.

Speak soon.

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

After nearly 6 hours on the phone I got through to someone who fixed it for us - then this evening around 22:20 my account has been suspended again despite the promises again.

Endless lies. Totally fed up. Working from home not likely to be happening tomorrow again - I know that things have faults, but given Virginmedia had long since admitted this is their issue, cutting our service seems rather unfair.

Engineer coming tomorrow evening to hopefully fix it properly - but we've been told that since July, so I'll not hold my breath.

Meanwhile, I'll be looking for compensation for this.

Hi @dmchapman,

Thanks for coming back to us with an update and I do apologise for the delayed response, I have been offline.

Unfortunately, we are unable to arrange a call back for you as per your request via PM. If you do prefer to speak with someone over the phone, you would need to reach out to Customer Services on 0345 454 1111. 

I have taken a look at your account however and understand you spoke with someone yesterday and the issue with the cross line has now been resolved? Can you confirm this is correct? 

I appreciate you are unhappy with how long this has taken to get sorted and for the charges incurred and I note a complaint has been raised regarding this issue which is still under investigation. 

Do let me know if you require any further assistance from us via the Forums. 

Kind Regards

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs