cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Permanent Number Withhold Help Please

ROBCALLY
On our wavelength

So it can be done to withhold my home number I was told when we had Virgin phone in our package it could not be done so can it be done please

Robcally

10 REPLIES 10

John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi ROBCALLY

Thanks for posting. How can we help you today?

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

ROBCALLY
On our wavelength

I would like my home phone number withheld please as I was told it was not possible by customer services but looking

on this forum I can see it is , so could you help me please.

Regards.

Thanks for coming back to us ROBCALLY

That would be a package addition which we don't do via these forums. 

Please either give us a call on 150 / 0345 454 1111 or text us on 07533051809 asking us to add the number withhold addition to the account and we'll assist further. Text replies are not instant and are automated at the start to get you through to the right team.

Best,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

ROBCALLY
On our wavelength

I have phoned then on a couple of occasion and they say it cannot be done and on this forum people 

had had it done on here on a couple of occasions so why now it can not be done on here couldn't you be bothered like the operators on the phone?

It's a package change and as advised above, we do not do these via the forums. It can be done, if you call us or send us a SMS.

Have a lovely evening

Best,

John_GS
Forum Team

ROBCALLY
On our wavelength

It was done on here two weeks ago by one of you team ""Corey_C ""  if he can do it why can't you? Have you ever tried phoning in to Virgin it's impossible and when you finally get through if your lucky they are not interested and tell you it's not possible just like this forum.

ROBCALLY
On our wavelength

Hi Nobody bothering to answer my question just as bad as the phone lines.

What's happened to Virgin must be one f the worst companies for customer services.

goslow
Alessandro Volta

@ROBCALLY wrote:

Hi Nobody bothering to answer my question just as bad as the phone lines.

What's happened to Virgin must be one f the worst companies for customer services.

You are correct that queries and changes about 'permanent number conceal' seem to have been dealt with many times before on here in past topics. Not sure why you got a different answer this time around unless something has changed. Perhaps some confusion or misunderstanding about the permanent number conceal feature you want changing (currently showing as free) and one of the chargeable ones (such as call barring or something else) which would involve changing your package.

Also, I think in a past topic there was some confusion and discussion as to whether it is universally available in all VM regions IIRC. Don't know what the outcome of that was though.

The forum isn't a direct, real-time messaging service to VM support though. Most replies are from fellow VM customers and the VM forum team step in to advise and assist when needed or access to VM systems is required. Another feature of the forum is that questions are answered in order so, when you repost, you might possibly demote your chances of a reply.

Wait for the VM forum team to reply and clarify if your request to activate 'permanent number conceal' can be dealt with by them, as per past topics, or whether something different applies now.

ROBCALLY
On our wavelength

Hi Goslow

Thanks for the reply it always seem that there first point of call is to point you to a changing of your package so that they

can change your package with a extortionate price rise in your payments and stuck again for another 18 months I don't think so.

A very nice person contacted me Cory_C and assisting me to get it sorted as it seems it can be done on this forum not as the previous person did.

Thanks again for the contact but I would change my name if I was you as it reminds me of your telephone contact service.

Regards,

Robcally