Menu
marief
Tuning in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Quickstart not possible, need an engineer asap

Hi there, 

I've just moved into a new property in Bristol (07 area). I'd ordered quickstart as the site said it was already available at the property. However on arriving today its appears the last tenants have ripped the virgin box from the wall and therefore its not possible to connect the wifi and need to book an engineer asap  I've been round and around the site and can't find out how to do this. I've tried calling the help line and keep being cut off. My phone signal isn't great where I am and so the text support chat also keeps cutting out 😞

I work from home and therefore wifi is super critical for me to have access to, if there is anyway someone from Virgin could help me with this and book an apt I'd be hugely grateful. 

- Marie

0 Kudos
Megan_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Quickstart not possible, need an engineer asap

Hi Marief, 

Thanks for your post on the forums, I am sorry you're in this predicament!

I will be glad to help get this sorted for you, I just need to find out a bit more information from you first.

Are you missing the Virgin box on the internal wall of your property? Or is it the external box (brown omni box) that is missing that should be on the outside of your house wall? 

Thanks!

Megan_L

0 Kudos
marief
Tuning in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for getting back so quickly. There's no white box inside the property - half of it has been ripped off and there are several wires coming out - none of which can be connected to the router. I've checked outside the building for the brown box mentioned and can't see that - however the building is a series of flats so this might just be out of sight??

0 Kudos
Megan_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi Marief, 

Thanks for coming back to me so quickly, that's fine - thank you for looking!

I have found your pre-account on my side and have contacted the local area field manager asking for further help and advice. 

Due to the pandemic we are having to be extra careful with our engineer visits but I have explained what the situation is. Because its the weekend they may not get back to me until Monday which I do apologise for, but I will give you an update as soon as I have one. 

I just want to send you a PM to ask some health questions quickly. 

Speak to you soon. 

Megan_L

marief
Tuning in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Megan.

I've replied to your other message. Can I check if I am now waiting for someone to contact me and if so how they might get in touch?

Thanks for your time and help. 

0 Kudos
Megan_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Marief, 

Thanks for giving me the information in our PM 🙂

If they do book an engineer I should expect they'll reply via email to me and then if the engineer needs to, they'll give you a call on the number we have on our system just to say they're on their way etc. 

I'll keep you updated with anything on my side! 

Thanks so much,

Megan_L

0 Kudos