cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pulling my Hair(whats left) out

Buccaneer47
Joining in

My landline is not working (tried all the self help) I don't have or use whatsapp(?) how can I contact a human being at virgin!  I only use payg phone for calls & texts.  Worried I will use all my cresit phoning from it.  I keep going round and round in circles, I may end up like the Uslem Bird (Carry On Up the Jungle!) Help Please!!!!!!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Ryan_N
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Not a problem at all - my pleasure 🙂 

Please let me know how you get on tomorrow. 

Cheers, 

Ryan. 

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

5 REPLIES 5

goslow
Alessandro Volta

The VM forum team will be able to assist on here. They usually reply within a day or two.

It might help them if you can describe what exactly the fault is.

Totally dead line? No ringing sound? Calls in but not out? etc. etc.

Have you also checked for any area faults by logging into 'My Virgin Media' and running the online tests there or using the 'Check service status' link in the top RHS of this forum page?

Kath_F
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Beccaneer47, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to the forums. It's great having you on board with us in the Community. 

I'm sorry to hear your landline is not working as it should be currently. 

In order to help look at this, there are a few checks we will need to go through with you. Can you let me know the following please:

• Does the landline work if plugging a different handset into your socket?
  • If you don't have another handset, are you able to try your handset in another socket?
  • When calling any number, do you get any tone?
  • When receiving calls, does your landline ring at all?
  • Can you expand on the issues you are having so we can help?

If you can come back and let me know the answers to the above. It's possible we may need to get an engineer out to you so please ensure you come back to us here 🙂

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

I went through all the usual checks: Checking all the help centre things. The next day (in the light) I checked the cable running down the entry, to the grey box on the front of the house. Icould see that one of thetwo wires was not connected any more, hanging down loose.  I was eventually able to reach the team to report the fault by waiting until my son was able to let me use his mobile, after he came home from work.  I have since received e-mails from the support team

suggesting that I downloand the Virgin app!  As I told the person I spoke too, I have a mobile that makes and takes phone calls, the same with texts and I still have a PAYG sim that does not give me so many minutes per month!  The length of the call would have wiped my credit out.

Ryan_N
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

I apologise for this - what I am going to do is send you over a private message so I can look into this for you. 

Cheers, 

Ryan. 

Ryan_N
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Not a problem at all - my pleasure 🙂 

Please let me know how you get on tomorrow. 

Cheers, 

Ryan.