cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Proof of usage

Ashkhany
Joining in

Hello i need help with proof of usage for my insurance company, i lost my phone and virgin can not give me the proof that i used my phone .i gave them my imei number but saying thst they can only provide proif off sim card but not the phone ,please help

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi Ashkhany, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to our community. 

Sorry to hear that you're having trouble getting proof of usage to make a claim, I can appreciate you're keen to get this sorted. 

If the handset isn't on of ours then we're unable to confirm that you were using that handset on our network. The only proof of usage we can provide would be your monthly bill, this would include your address and mobile number. 

We can however provide an email to confirm to your insurance provider that we're unable to provide you with proof of usage. 

I hope this helps. 

Emma_C - Forum Team

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

37 REPLIES 37

Ashkhany
Joining in

Ref: samsung note 4 edge , sorry that you lost ypur phone ,have ever we can not confirm the usage of phone as it was not bought by virgin how ever we can confirm the usage of sim card that was provided by virgin 

Hi Ashkhany, 

Sorry to hear that you're having trouble getting proof of usage to make a claim, I can appreciate you're keen to get this sorted. 

If the handset isn't on of ours then we're unable to confirm that you were using that handset on our network. The only proof of usage we can provide would be your monthly bill, this would include your address and mobile number. 

We can however provide an email to confirm to your insurance provider that we're unable to provide you with proof of usage. 

I hope this helps. 

Emma_C - Forum Team

Hi can you please email me for the the proof of usage for sim and not the phone 

Natalie_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thank you for getting back in touch Ashkhany.

I have sent you a private message to request a few more details to allow us to be able to look in to this further for you.  

The private message should appear when selecting the purple envelope icon on the top right of the page. 

Thanks 

Nat

Hi, I'm in a similar situation. My handset is from Virgin. Any help would be appreciated. 

@Emma_C wrote:

Hi Ashkhany, 

I hope this helps. 

Hi 5kops, 

We can certainly help, I'll pop you a personal message and we'll take it from there. 

I look forward to hearing back from you soon. 

:) 

Emma_C - Forum Team

Hi, I'm having the same issue.

I need proof of usage for an insurance claim (or an email saying that you can't provide one)

I also need a document to show the IMEI has been blacklisted. Would you be able to help?

Thanks!

Emily_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thank you for your post and welcome to our community Luke1310.

We'd need to take a look into the account and email this information to yourself. To do so I'll pop you over a private message with some security questions, if you can please respond to this by going to the purple envelope in the top right of the screen.

Thank you, Emily.

Hello, I’ve the same issue. 
I was using my pay as you go for my virgin SIM card. 
And unfortunately, I’ve lost my phone. 
And i’m struggling to satisfy my insurance company that i was the  owner of the device.

even though I’ve the original box and everything. Please could you help with that?.

thanks.