cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Process for porting BT landline number to VM

robs42
Tuning in

Hi,

I have a VM landline phone & a BT landline phone. Both are active.

I want to port the BT landline number over to VM landline phone.

I have read of the various successes and failures of this process and received conflicting advice.

Could you outline the correct process and can I start the transfer here.

Thanks,

Rob.

22 REPLIES 22

Hi robs42.

You are very welcome.

Gareth_L

Hi,

The voicemail on my VM Home phone is still not working.

As per the dialog above, following the move from BT to VM I have received an email from VM (last Wednesday 20 July) confirming the changes to my package to include Free Voicemail.

However, when I dial 1571 I still get the message:-

"It looks like you have a problem. Your Mailbox is disabled"

Thanks,

Rob

Adri_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi robs42,

Thanks for posting with your issue and sorry to hear your Voicemail feature is not working.
Could you please, let us know what exactly is the error message you're getting (if any) or what it is that's notworking on the voicemail service so we can assist further?

Have you managed to call 222 to activate and set up your message etc?
Have a read here to get the process for doing this and let us know if it helped or if you're still experiencing and issue with the feature?

Adri
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hi Adri,

The problem is with my House Phone, recent transferred from BT to VM.

The link you sent me is for a mobile phone

The previous posts outline the story so far. The spoken error message I get is as per my last post:-

"It looks like you have a problem. Your Mailbox is disabled"

Rob.

Adri_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Oh apologies for giving you the wrong link there, Rob
Here's the right one btw.

I have checked the feature has been added to your account as advised previously, however I understand you get an error as in ''mailbox disabled'' so I ran a few checks for faults with this feature for you now.

Could you please confirm whether the issue is still ongoing and if the landline number in use is 0123xxxxxxx as it appears to be from here?
Also, could you please try and reboot the hub (turn off for 10 seconds and back on from the on/off switch at the rear) and wait until it reconnects to test the voicemail again and see if this clears out the issue?

Let me know and we will take it from there, happy to help 🙂

Adri
Forum Team

Hi Adri,

Thanks for having a look at the problem.

0123333xxxx is definitely not the correct number. It is not the current working number (as transferred from BT) nor is it the old VM number. I don't recognize that number at all.

Also on your request to reboot the hub:-

1) I have rebooted the hub but the message is still the same - "mailbox disabled"

2) My home phone is not via the hub. We have a separate cable for the phone.

Thanks,

Rob. 

[MOD EDIT: number edited in case it's an innocent number being spoofed]

Adri_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thanks for confirming these, Rob 🙂

Apologies if I caused some confusion, I can confirm the number active on the landline should be this number here: 01462 xxxxxxx
I can also confirm the porting from BT has been raised early this month and completed, also the voicemail service was added on on the 20th July.

I can see there is an outage raised currently affecting this landline, based on the information and latest updates this is due to be fixed on 27/7 at 10am.
Is you landline working at the minute, please? 
Do you have a dial tone?
Let me know so we can proceed with the checks, cheers

Adri
Forum Team

Hi Adri,

I can confirm that the porting from BT was successful.

The line is is working ok now and has a dial tone.

Thanks,

Rob.

Adri_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Great, that means you have not been affected by this issue thankfully Rob 🙂

I can now proceed to further checks with this feature, also the outage has cleared now which is good.
Could you please check if you're using a handset with an option (switch) on it set to either T or P (maybe bottom or rear of device)?
In this case we would need to ensure it's set to T for tone, not P for pulse, please check this, re-test the feature again if needed and advise on whether it made any difference.

If this does not resolve it, I can try removing and adding back on the voicemail service for you - this will take till tomorrow to remove then one more day to add back on.
Kindly let me know if you would like to go ahead and do this, cheers

Adri
Forum Team

Hi Adri,

I can confirm that it is a tone phone.

Could you please go ahead and try removing and adding the voicemail service back again.

Thanks,