cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems with the landline ?

Billydoro
Joining in

I changed my 'phone recently and bought a new 'phone. I could not get a dial tone. After some messing around with connections I was able to get a dial tone and made a few calls but after about 6 minutes into a call I found I was getting the engaged tone on the line -then it went dead. In addition to this, I have told by friends that when they try to contact me they get the engaged tone but I know I am not the on the phone.

I purchased another phone and got exactly the same problem, so is it the line that is the problem ?

5 REPLIES 5

Jodi_S
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Billydoro,

A warm welcome and thanks for posting on our community forums. We do apologise for any inconvenienced caused due to this issue with your landline.

We appreciate you trying another handset, as this has now eliminated your equipment. Can we ask if you have any extension sockets that you are using currently? If so please can you make sure all equipment is unplugged from these.

It does seem there may be an issue with the line itself, so we will need to investigate this further for you. You can check the link here https://virg.in/fixlandline for further help and support. 

Please can you let me know about the extension sockets first, the we can take it from there.

Kind regards Jodi. 

I have removed an extension socket but it was only for the power point which has now be put directly in the wall.

Many thanks Billydoro,

We do appreciate this, it does seem that we may need to get an engineer's visit arranged to get this issue resolved for you. I will pop you over a private message to take some details from you and get this booked in.

Please click on the purple envelope to accept the chat.

Kind regards Jodi. 

Jodi_S
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Billydoro,

Thanks for coming back to via private message to confirm your information.

I have booked you in for the next available appointment. To view this please sign into My Virgin Media here: My VM. Once logged in, scroll down to Orders & appointments then click on View your orders. You can also view this in the My VM app. If you have any issues with accessing your account or unable to see your visit, please do let us know and we’ll pop you another message to pass data protection and then confirm the appointment details.

Just to confirm, there will be no charge for this visit unless:

The technician diagnoses the fault as not being caused by our network/equipment 
The technician discovers that the fault or problem relates to your equipment
The technician discovers that the fault or problem relates to any system that we are not responsible for
The technician will confirm during their visit if any of these instances apply, and if so, a £25 charge will be applied to your account.

Please ensure that someone over the age of 18 is at the property for the time the engineer is there. If the appointment is unsuitable or if anyone living at your property has tested positive for Coronavirus, has been asked to self-isolate or has flu-like symptoms then please reschedule the appointment on the same link. If you do miss the appointment for any reason, a £25 missed appointment charge will be applied to your account on the day of the appointment, so it is important to reschedule if needed.

Let us know how the appointment goes.

Take care.

Jodi.

Thanks very much.