cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with switchover to fibre

Zagorian
Tuning in

In January we received an email saying we needed to book a technician visit to switch our phone to the fibre network. I phoned Virgin and after going through all the options (as none of them fit with this), I was able to speak to somebody albeit with bad line quality. I was told that the hub we are using is not compatible with the phone switchover so they would arrange for a new hub to be delivered. Once received I was to contact them again.

That was 2 weeks ago and since then we have not received the new hub. Yesterday I got another email from Virgin saying I needed to contact them to arrange delivery of a new hub. That’s what I did 2 weeks ago though so it looks like the person I spoke to didn’t do what they said they would.

I’d phone again but in the last week our phone line has increasing amounts of static and I’d rather not try to speak to someone again on a bad line with static as well. I’m guessing the static won’t be fixed as our switchover date is next week so there’s little point in Virgin sending someone to fix a line that won’t be used soon.

Any help as to why the hub has not been delivered and how to go about arranging a delivery would be much appreciated.

Thanks.

6 REPLIES 6

Reece_MH
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Zagorian,

Thanks for your post, and welcome to our Community Forums.

I'm sorry to hear you've had some trouble with the plans for switching over, and no delivery for a new Hub. I'm going to send you a private message so I can look into this, and get things sorted.

Please look out for it in the top-right, purple envelope.

Thanks,

Reece - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our FAQ

Zagorian
Tuning in

Updating what has happened so far.
Since Reece responded to me I have had a technician come over and install the new hub with an adapter for the phone. Unfortunately they could not migrate us over to 21CV because we had an open work order at the time (due to renegotiating our contract). I was told to wait until that was done then contact Virgin Media to ask them to switch our phone over.

When I told Reece this they processed the work order earlier so that we would not have to wait. They made a request to the telephone team to migrate our phone over to 21CV and I was told this should take up to 72 hours. This was on 8 Feb and since then the switchover has not happened. When I messaged Reece on 14 Feb I got a response from someone else saying they would look into it.

There’s been no update since but I received a text message today stating a technician would be visiting on 21 Feb. We didn’t book a technician visit so I’m wondering is this related to the switchover? I’m not sure why they have to come again as I was told the switchover could be done remotely?

Hi @Zagorian 

Thanks for coming back to the thread. Normally migrations are done remotely. However on occasion a visit is needed. Apologies for the confusion. Please do let us know how the visit goes.

Best wishes,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

Zagorian
Tuning in

Ok, thanks for the clarification. Hopefully it should all be sorted on Tuesday.

Zagorian
Tuning in

Technician visit went fine overall. There was some confusion at the start as he thought I needed a new hub so I had to explain everything that happened. Even he wasn't sure why the technician visit was needed but he did the migration and at least it's all done now.

Thanks to everyone that helped with getting this all sorted.

Hi @Zagorian, thanks for the update on the forums page.

I'm glad to hear that the technicians appointment went well,
As always - reach out to us if you need anything and we'll assist.

Kind regards,
Ilyas.

Ilyas_Y
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs