Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Problem with phone

Hi

my virgin phone line let’s me ring out to make a phone call. But when I try to ring the home phone it rings once with a crackling noise then rings off.yet when I do a check it says no problems with my services. I switched my tv box off then back on again but still the same.

Any answers much appreciated

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Problem with phone

Hi there

Do you have a normal POTS line (normal phone wall socket) or does your phone connect to the back of your broadband hub?

If it is a POTS line then this could possibly be a line trip, a tech would need to visit to swap out the phone socket on the wall.  If you are in an area that provides voice over your modem, then they will just remotely migrate you to a DOCSIS line, they will send an adaptor in the post.

If you line is via the broadband hub, then try rebooting the hub.  If that fails do a FULL default settings reset by pressing the reset button at the back of the hub till it resets.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi

my phone line is plugged in a normal wall socket, now my phone will not ring out either.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Any dial tone?

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

At last virgin sorted out our phone that went from crackling line that would ring in to the house phone was but rang off after one ring to completely no tone at all. Appears rain got into the inside line box, from a exposed broken  sealed external entry point to the inside telephone line coursing damp than corrosion. New inside line box and reconnected to spare line  from the virgin brown box it’s know fixed.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Glad to hear that your issue has now been resolved and your service is working again Kerryb1.

I'm just sorry that it took so long to get this resolved for you.

Regards

Steven_L

0 Kudos