cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem connecting to landline numbers

sallyrob68
Joining in

Using my landline, mobile and son’s mobile, even away from home, we cannot connect to most landline numbers. Mobile numbers appear ok and also the odd landline number but the majority just has a dead line our end but seemingly the other person hears the call ring but when tries to answer it doesn’t connect.

28 REPLIES 28

GROBTIV
On our wavelength
BT Landline phone dialed "appears" to ring at my end for about 30-45 seconds then get a disconnected tone. I do not know the supplier identities of other landlines but they are all ultimately BT open reach surely? calls to other Virgin media router based " landline"systems are ok so it appears the problem lies when Virgins router based system communicates with other older landline exchanges theres some sort of handshaking communication problem would be my guess

GROBTIV
On our wavelength
should add other VM router based phone users are experiencing the same problem in my area

Hi GROBTIV, 

Thanks for coming back again on this. 

It looks as though you and the OP are in the same area so I am going to raise this further with the mods to look into. We may need some more information from you but I can see that you're in a private discussion with Gareth so if we do, we will let you know there. 

For now, leave this with us and we'll be back in touch shortly. 

Many thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

GROBTIV
On our wavelength
thanks KATH

Hi GROBTIV, 

Thanks for your patience. 

The teams have looked into this and found no issues our end. There also hasn't been any spike in faults being reported so for now these are to be treated as single user issues. 

I can see you're already in a private conversation with Gareth so he will continue there for now while I wait for the OP to reply. 

Many thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

Same I'm having the same issues here since upgrading too the Virgin HUB FIVE where I have too call the number several times before being connected too the destination I'm calling?

Kind regards 

Dean 👍 👍 👍 

Hi dmason197, 

Thanks for taking the time to post about your issues in the Community.

We're sorry to hear you're having trouble getting through. Do you notice this happening on one particular landline number or is this the same regardless of the number you try. 

What tone do you get when trying to make the call?

You've mentioned that it does work after trying multiple times - do you do anything different or just dial the number?

Pop back and let us know so we can help further. 

Many thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

Hi

Kath

I just have too redial the number multiple times and It works

However this happens on most calls regardless of the time of day or night

Its very frustrating Its like a dead tone I get when dialling out

Kind regards 

Dean

I don’t get through at all and just get dead line. 

Hi dmason197, 

Thanks for coming back to me further on this one. 

Checking our systems, I can see that there is a fault open that is affecting you. The details of that are here: 

• Fault reference number: F010445531
  • Estimated fix time: 13 FEB 2023 09:00
  • Description: Status report  ||  You might find that your Virgin Fibre, Voice and Virgin TV services are intermittent, with the picture freezing or disappearing now and then. We are sorry and our engineers are working hard to resolve this for you. 

I have made a note of this on your account so the relevant teams are aware you are affected and this will ensure the account is assessed automatically for automatic compensation once the fault is closed as resolved. 

If there is anything else we can do, let us know. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team