cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem between plusnet and virgin

Moss42
Joining in

Our freinds on Plusnet are unable to phone our virgin landline from their landline.

I am unable to phone my virgin landline from my Plusnet mobile.
I have reported the fault to plusnet and virgin.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Travis_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Moss42

Thanks for posting on our community forum!

Does this issue occur with any other landline numbers whatsoever? What error message do you get when calling?

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

9 REPLIES 9

Travis_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Moss42

Thanks for posting on our community forum!

Does this issue occur with any other landline numbers whatsoever? What error message do you get when calling?

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

I got an email from virgin at 2020 Sunday evening. They were asking for feedback, now the problem is fixed. I phoned home from my pulsnet mobile and sure enough, it rang.  I will be contacting our friends to get them to verify.

To report a fault (not landline) send a text to 07533 051809 and wait for a response. Mon to Fri 8am-9pm, Sat 8am-8pm, Sun 8am-6pm

I reported the fault by text, only to be told that applies to broadband only.

I phoned to report, but was amazed to find you have to have a password to talk. Luckily, my wife had wtitten it down in her little black book.

We have been plagued with power cuts, so no home phone for many hours. We are using WhatsApp as our default communication. That allows a faulty landline to hide from detection. The Plusnet problem could have existed for months, without detection.

Thanks to virgin for a rapid response.

Missed your message due to power cut, but thanks for trying.
The error message was that the phone did not ring, so unable to leave voicemail.
Other callers did get through, for example, TSB with a one-time password.

Travis_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Moss42

Thanks for posting on our community forum, I am glad to hear the issue is all resolved now.

Please keep us updated if there's anything else we can help you with.

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

Sorry to report, my friends are still unable to phone my virgin landline from their plusnet landline. The phone does not ring. They hear an 'unavailable' sound. God knows what that means. They told us about the ongoing problem today(Monday 21st March 2022) Virgin have rectified half of the problem, I am now able to phone home from my plusnet mobile.

Travis_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Moss42

Thanks for the reply

Just to double check it again, is it only this landline number that you're experiencing issues from?

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

At 0927 21 March 2022 here is my report. I got a freind in Andover to call on her (Sky) landline. My phone rings and we had a conversation.

The same person has a Plusnet mobile and tried to phone using that. Our virgin phone did not ring, they got a continuous high-pitched tone.

This caused me to try using my own plusnet mobile. The phone did not ring and I heard the high-pitched tone for myself. 

We are back to square one, as if virgin had not cured the problem in the last 24-hours.

Please continue with your efforts to resolve this.

The title could be - Problem between EE and virgin.
I got a call from customer services (Wendy). She tried to phone my lanline from her EE mobile.
The phone did not ring and she got the continuous hi-pitched tone.
Plusnet sim cards use EE network

Travis_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Moss42

Thanks for the reply!

I'm going to drop you a private message now to collect some more information, please keep an eye on your inbox.

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team