cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem after switchover

Alice2012
Tuning in

My phone switchover was on  16 Jan. I have 1 digital phome plugged into the hub and 2 handsets on chargers in different rooms-- and they  all  work fine whenever I make a call from any of them.

They all ring when I have an incoming call, but... often I can't hear anyone speak when I press the call button. And the same thing happens when they try again.

This doesn't happen everytime, though. I've asked family members to ring as a test call from my garden and that has worked okay. This morning someone tried 3 times to ring me and I ended up having to ring them back to talk to them.

Not sure what to do about this problem

6 REPLIES 6

Gareth_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hello Alice2012.

Thanks for your post.

Sorry to hear about the silent calls after the switch over.

Can we please ask what handsets you have?

Have you tried an alternative phone?

Gareth_L

I have a cordless Panasonic KX-TGC series. This is the phone I had for about a year before the switchover, then I bought 2 extra handsets with chargers for the switchover.. I don't have any other phones so haven't tried an alternative.

Zoie_P
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thank you for your reply Alice2012, 

I am sorry you are still having issues. We can book a tech in to check this for you, but please be aware if it is your equipment you may be charged the £25.00 fee

I will pop you over a PM, keep an eye out for the purple envelope 🙂
Zoie

Looks like someone else had this problem. Do their answers apply to my situation? I have a hub 3?

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Home-Phone/Landline-no-incoming-calls/m-p/5191169#M181230

Hi @Alice2012,

The post you've provided a link for mentions a Hub 5. I can see in our previous post that my colleague has mentioned that they'll send you a private message in order to assist you further.

If you haven't done so already, please head to your inbox and respond to them there when you can.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

Zoie_P
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Alice2012, 

Thank you for messaging with me 📩

I am glad this resolved itself and please keep us posted if anything changes.

Zoie