cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Priority service for elderly, vulnerable?

Redlorakeet
On our wavelength
Priority service for elderly vulnerable?

Is there such a thing please?

the reason I ask is because my parents are having problems with virgin at the moment. They are in their 90s and cannot receive phone calls. Virgin are supposed to be sorting this out but as the worried daughter who can’t contact them easily I am concerned. My dad does not hear well and struggles with an indian accent. 

10 REPLIES 10

Redlorakeet
On our wavelength

Is there such a thing please?

the reason I ask is because my parents are having problems with virgin at the moment. They are in their 90s and cannot receive phone calls. Virgin are supposed to be sorting this out but as the worried daughter who can’t contact them easily I am concerned. My dad does not hear well and struggles with an indian accent. 

Just realised I posted in the wrong section. I have moved to the correct one. 

BenMcr
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Here's the details on the priority service

https://www.virginmedia.com/help/accessibility/virgin-phone

Priority fault repair:
We understand how important it is to be contactable and have the ability to contact others. So when it comes to faults with your phone, we give priority to customers who have an impairment and have an urgent need for repair. To make use of this service, we ask customers with an impairment or health condition to pre-register their requirements with us. Just give our Customer Care team a call on 150 from your Virgin Media Phone or Mobile, or call 0345 454 1111.

Please note: we’ll prioritise your repair over standard care levels but there may be circumstances beyond our control that mean we can’t. For example, inclement weather conditions like floods or storms can stop our engineers carrying out repairs to overhead cables or working down manholes.

I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own

Hello redlorakeet

Really sorry to hear ofthe landline issues experienced by your parents, we can understand the concern this will be causing. 

What is the issue with the landline? Are they able to make calls? Do they have a dial tone?

We're eager to get this looked into further for you and look forward to your reply.

Rob

Hi

there is supposed to be an engineer but he was supposed to come yesterday and did not. They can phone me but I can’t phone them. I get a ring tone if I try to phone them followed by a long continuous tone.  I phoned up for them but because I don’t know their password and neither do they we could not get any further.  

A colleague has looked and it appears there was an issue we think we have resolved our end, can you try to call your parents to see if the issue has been resolved please?

Let me know 🙂 If not we will keep looking.

Rob

Hi

nothing is resolved as far as I am concerned. I still get the same, ie ring tone then long tone. I spoke to them about half an hour ago via facetime and nothing has changed, no engineer, a phone line that is useless. Thanks for your help with this. 

Hello Redlorakeet

I will send you a private message to get your parents details 

That way I can look at this in more depth 

If you can check the purple envelope top right of your screen that would be great 
Regards     
Gareth_L

Thank you. I have sent details through.