cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Power cut now the landline isnt working

Essexginge
Tuning in

Had a power cut yesterday the 24/3/2023 it lasted 10 seconds but now i have no dial tone this happened before when the last power cut happened the web site says everything is OK but i've tried a other phone and still no dial tone i cant ring the help line as i have no phone now. HELP

4 REPLIES 4

Adri_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hey Essesginge, thanks for reaching out on our help forums and a warm welcome to the community.

We're sorry to hear of the landline issue after this power cut, we'd love to best assist with this.

Could you please tell us: 
a) does your line work via the hub or wall socket?
b) do you have no dial tone and also not able to make/receive calls at all?
c) have you tested another phone socket (if applicable) to see if this resolves the issue?

Let us know and we're eager to help out.

Adri
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

the phone is plugged into the wall socket i only have one socket i have tried a second phone and it doesn't work either and i cant make or receive calls 

Hi @Essexginge,

We have some trouble shooting steps here that may help - 👉 Why is my Virgin landline not working?

I have also checked my end and note the line is currently non contactable. 

There are a few troubleshooting checks I will need you to perform to see if they are successful in resolving the issue. Can you:

•Check the phone is seated in the base unit correctly & powered ON. 
•Remove all other equipment connected to telephone sockets. 
•Unplug the phone and check another phone directly into the main socket ensuring this is a VM socket and not one with a BT or Sky logo. If no alternative handset is available then ensure the original phone is plugged into the main socket with no other pieces of equipment being plugged in. 
If after trying the above, you still experience issues, then please respond to my PM as we will need to arrange a technician to come out for you. 

Thank you

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

Ayisha_B
Forum Team
Forum Team

Thanks for confirming the requested details via PM @Essexginge 
I've booked a technician for you to come out and have a look into the issue. You can find confirmation of the visit via your 👉 online account.

Please let me know if there are any problems with the date or time and I can look to reschedule this for you. In regards to the appointment there are some details you need to know about. There will be no charge for this visit unless:

•The technician diagnoses the faults as not being caused by our network/equipment 
•The technician discovers that the fault or problem relates to your equipment
•The technician discovers that the fault or problem relates to any system that we are not responsible for

The technician will confirm during their visit if any of these instances apply, and if so, a £25 charge will be applied to your account.

Please ensure there is someone over the age of 18 present at the time of the visit. If you need to change or cancel your appointment you can also do this online or via the MyVM app by 4pm the day before the appointment.

If you do miss an agreed appointment for any reason, a £25 missed appointment charge will be applied to your account on the day of the appointment.

Let us know how the visit goes!

Ayisha_B
Forum Team