cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Possible to switch from hub to phone line socket?

Tiff1989
Joining in

Hi my elderly parent keeps pulling out the plugs for the hub (like all plugs at night mainly due to habit and safety concerns) but it keeps disconnecting the phone line as that is connected to the hub.

Is it possible to switch through virgin to a normal phone socket at the wall instead of using the phone via the broadband connection?

2 REPLIES 2

goslow
Alessandro Volta

All new VM phone installations are via the VM hub now. There is a target date of 2025 by which all phone connections for all providers will be via their respective routers.

AFAIK, I don't think there is any going back to a conventional landline connection.

If the power supply for the hub uses just a standard plug, it used to be possible to buy cover boxes to fit over sockets to stop them being accidentally turned off. Typically used for fridges, freezers etc. Might be a possible workaround to the problem.

Sofia_B
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Tiff1889. 

Welcome to the community and thanks for your first post, we're happy to have you with us 🙂 

I'm very sorry to hear this. Unfortunately, all phones are being switched over to a Hub connection and we're unable to revert this.

I appreciate this is frustrating and we apologise for any inconvenience caused. 

Thanks,

Sofia
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide