Menu
Highlighted
dave682
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Possible scam

I received a call offering me an upgrade from a call centre presumably India as it was definitely overseas. Telling me as a valued customer I am receiving an upgrade in my TV service and to the speed of my broadband. She had all my details what services I currently had etc, she asked the usual security questions. 1st line of address post code etc. I was offered full package Sports including HD channels and Sky Cinema all for £112 for 12 months after going through endless information from her, she told me the upgrades could take an hour. But now 4 hours later nothing has changed. I never gave any bank details or account information as she said they already had it. But now worried that she kept me talking to hack my phone for details of almost my entire life. The number she contacted me from is 0800 052 1251

I have researched this and it is being attributed to Virgin Media

Can you put my mind at ease or do I need to take steps to secure my data further

David Spowart 

0 Kudos
dave682
Joining in
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Possible scam

Ok guys my panic over, woke up this morning and upgrades in place

Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Possible scam

Hi dave682,

Welcome to our forums and thank you for getting in touch 🙂 I'm sorry that you had a bit of a panic, but I'm glad that your package upgrade has now completed.

Just to clarify, it can sometimes take a little longer for package amendments to go through due to the internal processes involved in making these changes. You will often find that this is an instant change, but we should advise up to 24 hours in case of any delay in provisioning or activating the new services.

Thank you for keeping us posted and letting us know that everything's sorted. Please don't hesitate to reach out if you have any future concerns or queries.

Thanks,

Rachael

0 Kudos