cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Porting phone number to VM.

Raf91
Joining in

Hiya i recently ordered virgin media broadband and home phone bundle which is starting in a few days. I have requested VM to port my number from BT, but i have yet to receive any confirmation if this has been done. Any help would be appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Nathan_B
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi there @Raf91, welcome to our forum and thanks for your post.

I'm sorry to see you have not had any update as to when your number is going to be ported over.

Just to confirm have your services been installed and are active already? If not, the port would usually take place after this as it needs an active service to port over to.

Regards

Nathan

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

7 REPLIES 7

Nathan_B
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi there @Raf91, welcome to our forum and thanks for your post.

I'm sorry to see you have not had any update as to when your number is going to be ported over.

Just to confirm have your services been installed and are active already? If not, the port would usually take place after this as it needs an active service to port over to.

Regards

Nathan

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

I was told that i will be getting the equipment on saturday. How would the port process work? My bt contract ends on the 30th august. Should i leave it open or inform them now.

Ryan_N
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Your services would need to be active with us for the port to complete. The number would need to remain open/active with your current supplier for the port to take place. 

Cheers, 

Ryan. 

Cheers ryan thanks for the help, when the service is active hownlong in average would it take?

Ryan_N
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

I can't say for certain as sometimes it can be quicker than anticipated - but the eta is usually around 14 days. 

Cheers, 

Ryan. 

Thank you.

Ryan_N
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

No problem at all 🙂 

Cheers, 

Ryan.