cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Porting phone no away from VM

ncsncs
Tuning in

I am in the process of porting my phone number away from VM to a virtual phone number company and they tell me that because the phone is part of a broadband, tv, phone package that the broadband service will be cancelled as well. 

Thats not an issue as I'm getting a new broadband service installed in the next week or so, but is the virtual phone number company correct or will I have to contact VM after the number port completes to cancel the broadband and tv part of the package ?

21 REPLIES 21

We will of course pass over the number as soon as it is requested. 

2-4 weeks is fairly standard for number ports - they can be complex as often also involve communications with BT in addition to other providers. 

All the best. 

Molly

I've just had an email to say my package has been changed and the phone looks to have been removed. Is this the result of my request to port the phone number to another supplier ?..I don't recall making any changes myself, certainly I would not remove the phone service as that would mean the port would fail.

Can anyone from VM PM me so I can get this confirmed.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @ncsncs,

Thank you for coming back to us. Sorry to hear that you received some conflicting information. I'll be more than happy to clear up any misconceptions about this issue.

I will send you a Private Message to confirm some details, so please keep an eye out for a purple envelope at the top right corner of your Forum page. I will be in touch soon.

Thank you,

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @ncsncs,

Thank you for coming back to me via Private Message. I'm happy that I was able to clarify any details you were unsure of.

Please keep us updated on how you get on and let us know if there's anything else we can do to help you with moving forward.

Thank you.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

Had an email from the virtual phone number company on Monday to say the port will happen on 1st Sept...just checked my VM account and the phone package is missing...I did have an email from VM over the weekend to say this was happening, when I queried this I was told the email was a mistake..but my account is def showing now phone..

Travis_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @ncsncs

Thank you for the reply

I'm going to drop you a private message now to collect some more information and to investigate this for you. Please keep an eye on your inbox for a message from myself.

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

Phone number was ported away yesterday, but phone package is still showing on my account - when will that be removed ?

Hi ncsncs, 

Thanks for coming back to us with an update about your number port, I am glad to hear the process went well. 

As for your phoneline on your package, can I ask if you're going to be cancelling your Virgin Media services soon in order to go with another provider? 

If that's the case it will be removed when you cancel your account with us. 

If you're actually wanting to stay with us for your broadband and TV service, all you need to do next is call the downgrades team on 0345 454 1111 option 1, 4 then 2 to get it removed from your package. 

Thanks,

Megan_L

Hi Megan,

I will be leaving VM once my new broadband supplier has carried out the installation, hopefully in 2 weeks.

I tried calling the number you gave me but I couldn't really understand the agent I was speaking to..there was a lot of background noise at her end, I could clearly hear other agents talking..

I think the agent said that removing the phone from the bundle would put me on a new contract, which clearly I don't want to do if I intend to cancel everything in a few weeks...I guess I may as well carry on paying for the phone component, even tho VM no longer provide my landline, until I cancel everything.

Hi Ncsncs, 

Thanks for coming back to me about this, I am sorry for the noise on the line when you rang the agent, the info she gave about the landline would be correct in this case. If you need any further help between now and your disconnection date please let us know. 

Thanks,

Megan_L