cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Porting my BT number to virgin.

Nick-Whit
Tuning in

Hello

Please can you help me transfer my BT phone number to Virgin Media. I have today received and installed the new broadband router (as well as the 360 box), now I just need you to port my existing (and still connected) BT phone number.

I take it that I cant use the old Virgin media phone box on the wall anymore that the previous owners    had a few years ago? And that I have to go down the connecting phone to router way forward  

Regards

Nick 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Matthew_ML
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey Nick-Whit, thank you for reaching out and a warm welcome the community. I hope you are enjoying our services up to yet.

Yes of course, I can look into this for you.

I am going to send you a PM, please can you keep an eye open for a purple envelope. Thanks 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

15 REPLIES 15

Matthew_ML
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey Nick-Whit, thank you for reaching out and a warm welcome the community. I hope you are enjoying our services up to yet.

Yes of course, I can look into this for you.

I am going to send you a PM, please can you keep an eye open for a purple envelope. Thanks 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?

Hi Matt. 
I’ve still not heard anything about getting my BT number ported. 
What should I do?

Hi @Nick-Whit

My apologies, I'll send this now

Best

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

Hello. I’ve PM’d my details as requested. 

You sure have and I will respond now 🙂

Best,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

Thanks for joining me on PM, @Nick-Whit

Just to update the thread, the port was done 🙂

If you do ever need anything, please pop us a post on here and we can assist further.

Have a great weekend 🙂

Best

John_GS
Forum Team

Thanks for all your help John. 👍

Wow!! You've been lucky!

I joined on the 24th May and now on the 1st July it still hasn't been done!

They've given up on me despite my home phone being the number that the hospital contacts me on for my ongoing treatment and my Doctors does for regular check-ups, as I have several other medical problems!

They've given up on me and I don't know if I'm ever going to get my telephone number back?

Hi. Sorry to hear that.  My porting is due to take place on the 14th. 🤞
Hope yours gets sorted soon. 🤞🤞🤞