cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Porting landline number issue URGENT

tony82
Tuning in

Hello please can someone help me, my landline telephone number has not ported across from Now TV to Virgin Media, and every time I try and seek help through the chat service with Virgin Media I am advised they will help but I then just get told they cannot port the number as its not active and when I speak to Now TV they advise enough time had been given to Virgin Media to port the number over. 

I need the same number as a vulnerable elderly relative needs to call me on that number I need ported so this is urgently required, please help.

3 REPLIES 3

Travis_M
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @tony82 

Thanks for posting on our community forum and sorry to hear about the issue with your number port.

I am going to drop you a private message now to collect some more information, please keep an eye on your inbox for a message from myself

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hello, I have been advised that the number cannot be ported and now I am left with a severely distressed family member who has lost their phone number that they have had for 40 years that needed the number as a vulnerable family member can only remember that number to call them on. 

Can anyone offer any further guidance as my case seems very similar to the one mentioned on the link below which had a successful outcome by I assume someone managing to contact openreach from Virgin to reactivate the number:

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Home-Phone/Retention-of-landline-number-Complaint-address/td-p/...

I have chased a lot and feel like there is no other outcome than complaining to ofcom now, as the only other solution offered up was for me to take out a 1 year deal with BT who could then maybe get my old number back?

@Zoie_P  are you able to assist as I note you helped someone with the same issue as linked in the above post, by getting Virgin to call Openreach to reactivate the line.