cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Porting landline number from Plusnet, no success after multiple attempts

DavidB7
Joining in

Hi,

I recently added a phone line to my existing Virgin package with a  view to porting my existing landline number from plusnet.

Porting requests have been generated three times now, but to no effect.

The line is still active with Plusnet - the phone connected to the old line still rings.

Any suggestions as to how I can move this forward?

Thanks

David

8 REPLIES 8

Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey DavidB7,

Welcome to the community and thanks for taking the time to post here on the forums.
I’m sorry to hear of the issues that you’re having with your number porting from Plusnet, have you been given any reasons for the failures of the recent requests or have you not been updated by ourselves about this?

Kind Regards,

Steven_L 

Hi,

The last person that I spoke to told me that the first attempt failed because it wasn't given enough time ( which didn't make much sense to me as I had waited 10 days and Plusnet said they never received a request ). and that the second attempt failed because there was an outstanding change on my account ( but they weren't able to tell me what that change might be ). 

On the last occasion I was told that the request would be escalated to a manager and I would take 48 hours. Five days later I have not heard any more.

Regards,

David

Thanks for coming back to us DavidB7, I would be happy to take a further look into this for you but first I would need to confirm a few details via private message, please look out for my message and we can get started.
Kind Regards,
Steven_L

Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Thanks for confirming your number DavidB7, I will get this looked into right now and get back to you as soon as I have any further updates about your port, it maybe Monday before we get a response but I will be looking into this for you.

Kind Regards,

Steven_L

Thanks very much. Keen to get this resolved now, as the plusnet bill is extortionate now I'm out of contact.

Kind regards

David 

If VM  can't resolve this consider porting from Plusnet to a VOIP provider like Andrews and Arnold.

The monthly cost is low (vs BT / Plusnet) and you gain full control of the number.

Thanks for the suggestion.

Not really a route I want to go down as I have a working VM phone, just with the wrong number.

It appears that Virgin have succeeded in solving this for other customers coming from Plusnet, and actually there are other problems with my Virgin account as I haven't been billed correctly for February either.

The number was successfully transferred today.

Many thanks to Steven_L  for the help

David