cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Porting landline number away from Virgin

Calendar44
Tuning in

Hi, some years ago our landline and broadband was BT and we moved to Virgin. We now wish to move to another provider and take our existing landline. Every provider I look at says they are unable to port the existing number away from Virgin. From talking to other people it seems an issue with numbers that are with Virgin.

Any idea why please? The Virgin landline comes through the original BT socket. Only the broadband comes down a dedicated cable.

Virgin’s charges are now very expensive compared to other offerings, plus my broadband is not good so want to move.

Thank you

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Thanks for coming back to me @Calendar44, my advice would always be, be careful what you read online - most people posting about a service will likely focus on the negative experience, rather than posting to say how good our services are - which of course also extends to other providers and services too.

Are you currently set up with a new provider?

If you are, or when you are, we'd be happy to assist in making the number port as smooth as possible for you.

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

4 REPLIES 4

David_Bn
Forum Team
Forum Team

Good Afternoon @Calendar44, thanks for your post on our Community Forums!

I'm not sure what issues we'd have helping with a new provider port the number to another provider, as all we would be required to do is simply release the phone number and allow this to be accepted - with both the Virgin Media and new providers landline being active.

What have you been advised?

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

Thank you. When I went on to the website of a couple of other companies, I received a message saying unable to port this number.  I asked the chat function on one of the sites and they did not know why. We have a local facebook group and people are saying they have the same issue when trying to move from Virgin, so it is not just me.

Thanks for coming back to me @Calendar44, my advice would always be, be careful what you read online - most people posting about a service will likely focus on the negative experience, rather than posting to say how good our services are - which of course also extends to other providers and services too.

Are you currently set up with a new provider?

If you are, or when you are, we'd be happy to assist in making the number port as smooth as possible for you.

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

Thank you David

I have not taken any action so far but thank you for your comments