cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Porting landline from BT

stevieH1
On our wavelength

Please can a mod help me with the below request as after 3 hours and 4 calls to some place far away i have got nowhere.

I ordered Virgin Phone, BB and TV on 22nd December and it is being installed this Friday, 13th.

I requested, during the initial application, that my Landline be ported from BT.

Unfortunately i have heard nothing since and my BT contract ceases on 27th Jan. I tried calling BT who said they had no record of a port in their system and suggested i contacted Virgin after installation? I assume it is too late then and i will have a different number? I tried 3 further calls to Virgin overseas, the last person seemed to want to fill a form in which took nearly an hour but i then got cut off. Not sure what she filled in but i have no confidence that the port is going to happen or when?

Please can a mod PM me so i can get this sorted. It is important that i keep this number as it is linked to several important things.

Thanks.

38 REPLIES 38

Hi @stevieH1,

Thank you for reaching back out via private message so we could ensure this is all looked into. I'm glad that we've now been able to address and resolve your concerns.

Please do let us know if there's anything more that we can assist you with in the future.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

stevieH1
On our wavelength

Just for balance and not knocking the efforts of Zach who has been more than helpful.

After 3 weeks and a tech visit (couldn't fix it and didn't know why it wouldn't connect) it suddenly connected on its own out of the blue. I had actually given up on it.

There were no app updates or hub re-sets, it just decided to work. So anybody else who has the same problem with the Connect App just be patient and wait a few weeks 🙂

stevieH1
On our wavelength

I have PM'd Zach who has been helpful thus far but just wanted to check if the below was normal procedure?

For some reason there is a £25 charge on my account for this technician visit. It was Virgin support that suggested the technician visit. The tech couldn't fix it and offered a new hub, but said it probably wouldn't help, and left it not working/connected. 

Seems a bit harsh that Virgin suggest a tech visit and then charge you £25 when they can't fix the problem?

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @stevieH1,

Thanks for coming back to us and sorry to hear that there's some confusion in regards to your recent billing. 

There should be no charge for a fault technician appointment unless:
•    The technician diagnoses the faults as not being caused by our network/equipment 
•    The technician discovers that the fault or problem relates to your equipment
•    The technician discovers that the fault or problem relates to any system that we are not responsible for
If there is a reason for a charge, the technician will confirm during their visit if any of these instances apply, and if so, a £25 charge will be applied to your account. 

I understand that you're sent a message to my colleague about this as well. They'll be able to investigate further with access to our systems.

Let us know if there's anything else we can do to help.

Thank you.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Thanks Paulina, I will let Zach look in to it but just to confirm.

''There should be no charge for a fault technician appointment unless:

The technician diagnoses the faults as not being caused by our network/equipment. **The fault was between your hub and app.

The technician discovers that the fault or problem relates to your equipment **I only have your equipment. 

The technician discovers that the fault or problem relates to any system that we are not responsible for **It was your hub.

If there is a reason for a charge, the technician will confirm during their visit if any of these instances apply, and if so, a £25 charge will be applied to your account. He said nothing about a charge, tried to fix it, failed and left.

Hopefully you can wipe this from my account before my next bill is due.................

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @stevieH1,

Thanks for coming back to me. My colleague will be able to look into this further for you to see why the charge was applied and assist further if needed. 🙂

Thank you.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

What a shame - we are all in suspenders now. What happened? Did they remove the £25 charge?

Seph - ( DEFROCKED - My advice is at your risk)

Haven't heard a thing either on here or by PM.

You would think it was a straight forward error and would have been wiped off immediately but even my short time with Virgin tells me nothing about their CS is straight forward.

At least you get some sort of help from their people on here even if they do try and charge you for the privilege. I have had the misfortune of dealing with 'Virgin Overseas' a couple of times and that service is an absolute shocker! I called yesterday to get my DD date changed and after 40 minutes i still have no idea what actually happened, if it was changed or what date it might have been changed to. I just couldn't understand what i was being told which wasn't helped by the call centre background noise. There appeared to be some kind of drunken stag party in the background!

Hi @stevieH1,

Thanks for bringing this to our attention. I've since responded to you via private message. Please refer to that for further assistance on this.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!