cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Porting landline from BT

stevieH1
On our wavelength

Please can a mod help me with the below request as after 3 hours and 4 calls to some place far away i have got nowhere.

I ordered Virgin Phone, BB and TV on 22nd December and it is being installed this Friday, 13th.

I requested, during the initial application, that my Landline be ported from BT.

Unfortunately i have heard nothing since and my BT contract ceases on 27th Jan. I tried calling BT who said they had no record of a port in their system and suggested i contacted Virgin after installation? I assume it is too late then and i will have a different number? I tried 3 further calls to Virgin overseas, the last person seemed to want to fill a form in which took nearly an hour but i then got cut off. Not sure what she filled in but i have no confidence that the port is going to happen or when?

Please can a mod PM me so i can get this sorted. It is important that i keep this number as it is linked to several important things.

Thanks.

38 REPLIES 38

Hi @stevieH1,

Would you mind confirming what troubleshooting you've performed thus far? Can you also confirm what device you're using the Connect App on?

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

stevieH1
On our wavelength

Have tried on both Apple and Android phones, re-booted hub a few times, re-installed the app a few times plus all of the other ideas on here. Same error - Unable to connect - Unsupported Modem.

Hi @stevieH1,

Would you mind providing a screenshot of the error message that you're seeing, please?

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

stevieH1
On our wavelength

C4AD732B-E115-40ED-8C90-BDAF8579ED97.PNG

Hi @stevieH1,

Are you able to confirm for me if the Hub is in Router Mode or in Modem Mode?

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team

stevieH1
On our wavelength

Router mode. One of the many things i checked from reading hundreds of posts on here.

Hi @stevieH1,

I see. Are you experiencing any other issues with the Hub at all, or just being unable to use the Connect App with it?

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team

stevieH1
On our wavelength

No other problems, speed is good and everything works fine.

Hi @stevieH1,

I see. I'd like to take a closer look at what's going on here for you, so I'm going to send you a private message shortly. Please respond to this when you can and we'll go from there.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team

Hi @stevieH1,

Thank you for getting back to me via private message. As we discussed there, a technician visit has now been scheduled and booked.

I'm unable to confirm the date/time of the visit publicly for security reasons, but you can check and manage the appointment via your My Virgin Media online account.

Let us know how it goes either way.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team