cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Porting a disconnected Virgin landline to a 3rd party

HappyDaddy007
Tuning in

Hello,

I was told by VM that although I couldn't port my old landline number to my new one (as they had different area codes) that they would be able to release the old number to a 3rd party porting service that could.

The old number has been disconnected and I am still with VM on the same contract but new telephone line and area code, and the 3rd party has said the port request was unsuccessful because "the number appears to have no service with the LCP (Losing Communications Provider), code 0031".

I'm a bit confused on what to do next. I really want my old landline number to be retained and used by the 3rd party to port / divert calls to it to my new landline number.

Any ideas where / who owns this landline number now it's been disconnected, and how I can reclaim it before it's taken by someone else?

Many thanks for any help you can provide.

5 REPLIES 5

HappyDaddy007
Tuning in

Also the reseller is listed as "Buzz Networks"

Sofia_B
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @HaddyDaddy007.

Welcome to the community and thanks for your first post, we're happy to have you with us 🙂 

I'm sorry to hear you're having issues porting the old landline number via a 3rd party.

Code 31 means this number is a dead line, the 3rd party will need to speak with the range holder in order to access the number. 

Thanks, 

Sofia
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Hello, thanks for your response Sofia, how do I find out who the range holder is, in order to access the number?

I've just searched Ofcom - the range holder is VM:

1372 80 Allocated to Virgin Media Limited, since 24/01/1995

So if the line is disconnected, who exactly in VM do they need to contact to be able to use it?

Good Morning @HappyDaddy007,

Thanks for looking up the phone number for us.

I would like to take a few details from you to be able to look into this further, I will send over a private message in a moment, please reply and we can get started.

Regards

Steven_L