cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Porting Nighmare

rebilak
Joining in

I requested a number port to Virgin from Sky and agreed 23rd February 2022 for the porting date. This didn’t happen, I have contacted customer support and got passed around for over 2 hrs today and did not get a solution. I have spoken with Sky today 4th March and they inform me that my sky services have terminated today as requested. They also told me that BT are awaiting a porting request to enable them to port the number. So I am in the situation where no one can contact us on our landline which is of great concern. My father has dementia any the only way he can contact us is on the landline number we have had for 25 years. I explained this to customer services today and they couldn’t help me or transfer me to the team that could help me. I couldn’t escalate this to a manager that wasn’t possible I was told. Virgin have had weeks to arrange this and no one can help resolve it. I am posting here in desperation, just hoping that someone from virgin will see this and escalate this and offer reassurance that the number will be ported urgently. I cannot express how helpless, disappointed. and stressful Virgin Media have made me fell today.

2 REPLIES 2

Molly_T
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @rebilak, thank you for getting in touch to let us know about this. 

Sincerest apologies that this has happened! I will need to send you a PM so we can confirm a few details and look into this for you. You will find the PM in your Inbox in the top right corner of the page. 

We can return to the public thread with an update as soon as possible. 

All the best. 

Molly

Molly_T
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi All, I have returned to update this public thread. 

Thank you to Rebilak for PMing with me, and for their patience whilst we got the number port issue sorted. 

This has all now been resolved, with the number port successfully completing. 

Apologies again for any poor experience throughout this process. 

Please do let us know if there is anything further we can support you with!

All the best. 

Molly