cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Porting BT phone number

ChrisJD
On our wavelength

Hi,

Please can you help me transfer my BT phone number to Virgin Media. I have received and installed the new broadband router, now I just need you to port my existing (and still connected) BT phone number.

Regards

Chris

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi ChrisJD,

Just a quick note to say that you number port has been processed as requested. I have sent you a private message with the date your number will come across.

Kind regards Jodi. 

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

4 REPLIES 4

Jodi_S
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi ChrisJD,

Thanks for posting on our community forums. We can certainly help arrange a number port for you. 

Before we send you a private message to take some details, can we confirm that you still have an active line with BT?

A number port normally takes 10 days for your original BT number to come across to us.

Please let me know, that you still have your active BT line, and I will happily get this arranged for you.

Kind regards Jodi. 

ChrisJD
On our wavelength

Thanks for your reply.

Yes, when I said "my existing (and still connected) BT phone number.", that is what I meant.

Please can you confirm how long the number will be dead from the moment it is ceased by BT until it will be working again on Virgin?

Regards

Chris

Thanks for coming back to me ChrisJD,

Your number will remain active the entire time if you still have active services with BT. Once your number gets ported across to Virgin your BT line will then cease a few days later.

I will pop you over a private message and take some details from you so I can get this arranged. Please click on the purple envelope to accept the chat.

Kind regards Jodi. 

Hi ChrisJD,

Just a quick note to say that you number port has been processed as requested. I have sent you a private message with the date your number will come across.

Kind regards Jodi.