cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Porting BT landline number

Damien_1960_15
Joining in

Hi I added TV and Phone services to my VM account back in August 2020 but at the time I couldn't cancel my BT home phone as it would have cost a lot in exit fees. Now I am in a position to cancel the BT home phone contract but want to port that BT number over to VM. Can a VM member of staff please deal with this request on here as from reading the forums it seems the best way to achieve it.

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi Damien_1960_15,

Thanks for posting on the Community Forums.

We can certainly help push through your number port request for you - have you already been able to speak with us over the phone?

If not, I've popped you over a private message anyway asking for some more details so we can help.

Kind regards

Beth

Beth

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

12 REPLIES 12

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

You will have to contact Virgin via 150 from your Virgin phone to arrange this, as DPA checks have to be passed.

Do not give notice to BT. Any cancellation request direct from you will result in loss of your number. Virgin will deal with the cancellation as part of the line port.

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Thanks Nodrogd

I wasn't going to cancel BT as I understand both lines need to be active for number porting. I will call 150 from the VM home phone and get it sorted.

Hi Damien_1960_15,

Thanks for posting on the Community Forums.

We can certainly help push through your number port request for you - have you already been able to speak with us over the phone?

If not, I've popped you over a private message anyway asking for some more details so we can help.

Kind regards

Beth

Beth

I am having a lot of trouble trying to port a work BT landline number to my home Virgin landline. Multiple calls, hours spent being sent in circles.

The request was logged on19th May and was meant to be completed by 27th May (text sent by Virgin media to confirm). So far it has still not happened and it is not even underway.

I am told that there is missing information and an error but no Virgin media staff can tell me what that is.

No staff member seems to be able to get through to the porting department. Does that still exist?

Any help please would be appreciated. I am now paying for a phone contract in an empty office.

Hi @Penny_H,

Welcome to the community and thanks for getting in touch with us here.

I'm really sorry to hear of the issues that you're having transferring your number over to us and for the experience that you've had trying to speak to the team.

I have sent over a private message, please respond to this and we can get this looked into further for you. 

Regards,

Steven_L

You're very welcome @Penny_H and I hope that we can get this done and ported over to you within the next week.

I have also taken ownership of your complaint and will be seeing this through until your number is working with us.

Regards,

Steven_L

Thanks for coming back to us @Penny_H and no apologies needed, I will send the request over to BT now with the postcode that you have given in the private message and I will be in touch soon with the update.

Regards,

Steven_L

Just a quick update @Penny_H, we are still waiting for your previous supplier to respond to the order that I placed yesterday.

I will let you know once this has been acknowledged.

Regards,

Steven_L

Great news Penny,

BT have now come back to me to say that the order has been accepted for the date that I mentioned in the conversation. I can confirm this in a private message, if you'd like me to do so.

The port will happen between 8 and 8 on the day of port but we cannot say an exact time that this will go ahead as the system completes the work on the day of port.

You can check if it has been completed by dialling 174 or 175 from your landline phone or by calling your mobile from your landline to see if you're calling from your ported number.

Regards,

Steven_L