cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Port landline number from Sky to Virgin

The-General
Joining in

Hi,  I would like to know the process of porting my current landline number from Sky to Virgin as I’m getting mixed messages.  

I signed up to Virgin landline and broadband on the 1st December and at the same time I asked for my current landline number to be ported across.  On the 13th December broadband and telephone was installed but number was not ported as the engineer said it was not on his job card.   I have got a new Virgin number. 

I contacted Virgin and they said they will raise it and should be done in few days but still not happened.  I kept getting mixed messages and dates from Virgin of when the number will be ported across.  

latest information I was given was Sky had not responded to the port request.  

In different forums it’s says you have to put in a cancellation request with Sky before Virgin  can be port the number but some say don’t put in a cancellation request.  

My Sky broadband and Telephone line is set to be cancelled on the 3rd of Feb.

Any advice will be helpful as i need to keep the existing landline number. 

10 REPLIES 10

Anonymous
Not applicable
if you have asked bt to cancel the number then the port will 100% fail.
\
Ofcom rules.
The number MUST be active and the number must not have a cancelation/termination order against it.

you need to all BT and reverse the request to cancel. The line will cancel automatically when the number ports