cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Port landline number from Sky to Virgin

The-General
Joining in

Hi,  I would like to know the process of porting my current landline number from Sky to Virgin as I’m getting mixed messages.  

I signed up to Virgin landline and broadband on the 1st December and at the same time I asked for my current landline number to be ported across.  On the 13th December broadband and telephone was installed but number was not ported as the engineer said it was not on his job card.   I have got a new Virgin number. 

I contacted Virgin and they said they will raise it and should be done in few days but still not happened.  I kept getting mixed messages and dates from Virgin of when the number will be ported across.  

latest information I was given was Sky had not responded to the port request.  

In different forums it’s says you have to put in a cancellation request with Sky before Virgin  can be port the number but some say don’t put in a cancellation request.  

My Sky broadband and Telephone line is set to be cancelled on the 3rd of Feb.

Any advice will be helpful as i need to keep the existing landline number. 

10 REPLIES 10

Natalie_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi The-General 

Welcome to the Community and thank you for getting in touch. 

I am very sorry to hear of the delays with the number port, we appreciate this must be frustrating. 

I will need to take a look at the status of the number port from our side so I am going to pop you over a private message to grab a few more details.

This message will be available via the purple envelope on the top right of this page. 

Thank you 

Nat

I have a question about a lack of a broadband/telephone contract documentation and whether my landline number will be ported over. from Sky.

My (hopefully) temporary landline number has previously been allocated to someone who has severe debt and Debt Collectors keep calling it, I want to keep my old number!!

I hope someone will allow me to PM them with details.

Keep safe

Anonymous
Not applicable
you should start your own thread. but a number port requires the old line to still be active with no cancelation request on the line

Zak_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Good morning @WatfordRoy 

Welcome back to the forums and thank you for taking the time to post. 

I am sorry to hear that you have had some issues with porting your landline back to us. 

As stated above, it dose require the landline to be active with your old provider, are you able to confirm that this is the case? 

Kind regards,

Zak_M

My Virgin account started 1st April 2021 - my Sky account is running to 30th April.  How can I tell whether my old landline number will be ported (as requested) over from Sky to Virgin? Its virtually impossible to speak to a real person at Virgin Media and I cannot find the answer on the website. My temporary telephone number is plagued by calls from Debt Collection Agencies !!!!!!!!!!!

Many thanks in advance for any help.

Sorry - I didn't see your reply before doing another post. Please see that post.

many thanks

Zak_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

We can get this sorted for you @WatfordRoy

I will pop you over a PM so that I can get some account information. 

Kind regards,

Zak_M

Anonymous
Not applicable
you say that your sky account ends on the 30th April. does that mean you have asked Sky to cancel the services? If so the number port will fail

Yes I have asked them to cancel the service but the [MOD EDIT: REMOVED]  is still working and will do until 30th April.  I really need my old number to be ported across - I have had this number for 40+ years.  The last thing I want is a recycled number [MOD EDIT: REMOVED] which is on Collection Agencies defaulter/bad debtor lists.

Please please help

[MOD EDIT: Personal and private information has been removed from this post. Please do not post personal or private information in your public posts. Please review the Forum Guidelines]