cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Port BT number to Virgin

metaled007
On our wavelength

Hi

Currently, I have Virgin Media Broadband only (no landline in the package) at HOME-A.

An Elderly relative has moved in with us (long term) and I'd like to port their BT phone (from their home, HOME-B) to our home (HOME-A). 

HOME-A and HOME_B have the same area code - so no issues with the phone number port, as far as I can see.

Is this possible to port a landline, from a different address, to another address, on an existing VM Broadband only package? 
What steps do I follow (do I call VM and run through the situation)?
How do I find out cost (as I'd be adding a landline phone to my Virgin Media Package at HOME-A.

thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey @metaled007,

Welcome back to the community and thanks for taking the time to post.

I can advise that the number transfer wouldn't be an issue at all as we can port numbers over from different addresses as long as the number remains active with the other provider. Once the number is ported to us, this will automatically close the phone down with the other operator but if other services are on the account, they would need to be cancelled with the other provider.

We are unable to add a telephone line to your package from here, you would need to call into the team on 0345 454 111 and then option 1, option 4, and option 1, this will put you through to the correct team, who will be able to add the phone to your package and should also be able to request your number port to us. If they cannot do that, please come back to us here and we will be able to arrange for the number port from here.

Kind Regards,

Steven_L

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

3 REPLIES 3

Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey @metaled007,

Welcome back to the community and thanks for taking the time to post.

I can advise that the number transfer wouldn't be an issue at all as we can port numbers over from different addresses as long as the number remains active with the other provider. Once the number is ported to us, this will automatically close the phone down with the other operator but if other services are on the account, they would need to be cancelled with the other provider.

We are unable to add a telephone line to your package from here, you would need to call into the team on 0345 454 111 and then option 1, option 4, and option 1, this will put you through to the correct team, who will be able to add the phone to your package and should also be able to request your number port to us. If they cannot do that, please come back to us here and we will be able to arrange for the number port from here.

Kind Regards,

Steven_L

great answer, thanks.

Adri_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

No problem at all, metaled007. 
Glad to best advise you on this matter, please keep us posted and let us know how things go with your landline transfer and if you need our help with anything more moving forward.
Happy to assist you.

Adri
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs