cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Poor call quality; crackling

KAS50
Tuning in

Phone line has degraded over time into a distorted, crackly mess. I've tried different handsets, with and without a filter, to no avail. Issue with the line somewhere.

Ex-telecoms engineer, but find it too difficult to fault find in my retirement years, sorry! 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi @KAS50 thanks for confirming your details

I have booked the first available technician to attend your property.  You can view and amend your appointment here.

Regards

Lee

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

4 REPLIES 4

Lee_R
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi KAS50 thanks for posting and welcome back to our community.

Sorry to hear that your landline is causing poor call quality.  I would like to have a look into this on your behalf.  I am going to send you a private message.

Regards

Lee_R

Hi @KAS50 thanks for confirming your details

I have booked the first available technician to attend your property.  You can view and amend your appointment here.

Regards

Lee

Thanks, Lee. The engineer was fantastic. He found a fault and I think he fixed it when his colleague came to check where he was.

* I'm happy to report that the landline is much clearer. *

Something was mentioned about there being damage between the box outside and the master socket inside which is tripping the connection, not sure what has or will be done to resolve that, but for now it seems to work well. 

Thank you. 

Thank you for the update @KAS50.

I am glad to hear the issue has been resolved with our team. Please continue to monitor this and let us know if you need any further help.

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs