cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phones in S5 - Vulnerable customer yet again NO service

rachl
Tuning in

What is wrong with the landlines in S5.

Yet again the phone has been off since Friday, status checker says there isn’t a problem, so can’t register an issue. Several neighbours also off, so I know this is not isolated to myself.

Seems to be a recurring issue as no service 

Friday 16th December - 20th December 2022

Monday 4th January -7th January 2023 - I opened a complaint on this and got a notice to say 

Customer account number: [MOD EDIT: Personal Info]
Complaint reference: [MOD EDIT: Personal Info]

Thanks so much for the chat on 18/01/2023. We’re very happy to be able to resolve things for you.

I HAD NOT SPOKE TO YOU!!

no service currently from Friday 27th January 2023- what is going on, this is leaving a Vulnerable customer with frequent no service and no explanation!!

6 REPLIES 6

Alex_RM
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi rachl,

Thanks for posting and sorry to hear you're having some issues with the landline again.

I can see you've contacted us previously about your mothers phone- can you confirm is this is relating to yours or hers?

Can you confirm if you have a dial tone?

Can you call our or receive calls?

Have you tested another handset?

Alex_Rm

Relating to mothers phone.

has dial tone but unable to make or receive calls, when calling the number it is engaged.

this is not isolated just to my mothers landline, a number of landlines in the area and on same street have the same issue. As per all the other related times this has happened.

@Alex_RM wrote:

Hi rachl,

Thanks for posting and sorry to hear you're having some issues with the landline again.

I can see you've contacted us previously about your mothers phone- can you confirm is this is relating to yours or hers?

Can you confirm if you have a dial tone?

Can you call our or receive calls?

Have you tested another handset?

Alex_Rm

Thanks for confirming rachl,

I've been through diagnostics our side and it looks like an engineer is needed. I've arranged this and you  can confirm the time and date of the appointment via the online account here

Alex_Rm

No, read the notes on the account.

THIS is a localised issue and not just related to my mothers phone.

Due to her vulnerabilities and mental illness it is not possible for an engineer to visit this was all explained on the last complaint.

This is ridiculous you have no consideration for people’s mental health and do not make reasonable adjustments.

You always say you are not aware of a local issue, when I know several people have reported this, get a manager to contact me about this ongoing issue, report this as a localised issue and cancel any engineer to this property!!! 

I am sorry rachl,

I have checked things from our side, and there are currently no area issues showing, the previous problem has been resolved. And our systems to advise a technician is needed to resolve this.

So I can take a few more details from you I've popped you over a private message (purple envelope, top right hand corner)

Alex_Rm

rachl
Tuning in

Just update for public view…. Virgin Media are insisting on sending an engineer just to mums property, I have spoke to 3 neighbours and they all have same issue in s5 6 area, but virgin are denying an issue.

mum has vulnerabilities and mental illness and won’t allow anyone in property (including me!) , virgin media won’t send an engineer to check external connections as they need access to property, so much for making reasonable adjustments for vulnerable customers. 

what appalling service