cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phoneline down since last sunday

Metalcliff123
Joining in

My elderly dad is having issues with his phoneline , it's been off since last Sunday there is no Dail tone , he relies on the phone on a day to day basis,  are there any problems in the s61 area of Rotherham thank you 

Screenshot_20220928-190633_Chrome.jpg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Metalcliff123,

Welcome to our Community Forums! Thank you for your first post and I'm sorry to hear that your dad is having some issues with his landline connection! 

I have checked our systems and a the moment, there are no issues in the S61 area of Rotherham. 

Have your dad been able to take a look at our Landline Faults page to see if this can help? Has he tried to plug in a different landline to see if this issue persists with a different handset?

Please take a look and let us know. We're here to help if you need any further assistance.

Thank you.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

7 REPLIES 7

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Metalcliff123,

Welcome to our Community Forums! Thank you for your first post and I'm sorry to hear that your dad is having some issues with his landline connection! 

I have checked our systems and a the moment, there are no issues in the S61 area of Rotherham. 

Have your dad been able to take a look at our Landline Faults page to see if this can help? Has he tried to plug in a different landline to see if this issue persists with a different handset?

Please take a look and let us know. We're here to help if you need any further assistance.

Thank you.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

Thanks for the speedy reply , I have gone through the faults page as he isn't able to and tried a phone from our house but still no luck just a silent line with no tone 

Hi @Metalcliff123,

Thank you for checking the suggested options! Sorry to hear that this issue is still ongoing. In order to look into this further and see what I can do to help, I will need to send you a Private Message.

Please keep an eye out for a purple envelope at the top right corner of your Forum page. I will be in touch soon.

Thank you.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

I have replied to the pm , is there any news yet as to the problem ?

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Metalcliff123,

Thank you for coming back to me via private message and confirming your details. I have now booked you a technician visit for your landline issue – you can check and amend the date and time of your appointment via your online account.

There will be no charge for this visit unless:
•    The technician diagnoses the faults as not being caused by our network/equipment 
•    The technician discovers that the fault or problem relates to your equipment
•    The technician discovers that the fault or problem relates to any system that we are not responsible for
The technician will confirm during their visit if any of these instances apply, and if so, a £25 charge will be applied to your account. 
Please ensure there is someone over the age of 18 present at the time of the visit. If you need to change or cancel your appointment you can do this online or via the MyVM app by 4pm the day before the appointment.
If you do miss an agreed appointment for any reason, a £25 missed appointment charge will be applied to your account on the day of the appointment.
Please keep us updated on how your appointment goes and if you need any further assistance.

Thank you.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

Hi @Metalcliff123,

Thanks for coming back to me via Private Message. Keep us updated on how the appointment goes. 🙂

Here to help if you need it.

Thank you.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

Hello again I have told him about the appointment tomorrow morning   all OK,  just one other thing how do I sign onto his online account to manage his services he gets from you , I can there is one registered to this address but it was set up when it was first fitted probably 25 plus years ago , the email address on tye account is a long forgotten one from blueyonder   so not sure how to change it . 

Thanks Ian