cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone will not ring

DavidHB
On our wavelength

Hello. We hav recently swithched to Hitron router and the landline is now connected through the router. We can dial out with no problems, however when receiving calls, the phone does not ring so I have no way of knowing when a call is coming in. Thinking it might be a handset fault, I have tried another handset and still no ring.

Any suggestions please?

David

3 REPLIES 3

Akua_A
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @DavidHB,

Welcome back to our community forums and sorry to hear your landline no longer rings.

We can understand the inconvenience caused and want to do our best to help. Just to confirm, have you checked to see if this is a device issue or if the device has been set to silence? Also, do you get this issue with all incoming calls? Are you able to confirm this is how you set up your landline switchover? https://www.virginmedia.com/help/landline/switchover?_gl=1*eienv1*_ga*NTc5OTE1NDI0LjE2NDkxNTE5Mjk.*_...

Please get back to us when you can

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

DavidHB
On our wavelength

Both handset were set to maximum ring volume. I tested by dialling from my phone and even though there is no ring, when I pick up the handset, I have voice connection. There is no ringing on either handset. This is a business connection, the router was installed by a Virgin engineer. Other than the phone not ringing for incoming calls everything else works. So unless I am telepathic and know when there is an incoming call, then I cannot answer calls. Not very good really.

Thank you for letting me know @DavidHB.

In this case, to further look into your issue and help, I have sent a private message. Please look out for the purple envelope and provide a response when you can.

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs