cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone troubles

AYM
Joining in

Phone suddenly went dead on Monday 26th - definitely not our equipment. Contacted Virgin twice now over past 3 days but no luck getting any actual information as to what is going on and their promises of resolution have come to nothing. The website still indicates that  all is well and texts from Virgin also say this but still no phone! Tried to text HELP but that just sends us back to the phone number we have been using to contact Virgin. Our frustration is growing exponentially. HELP! We need our landline.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Thanks for your messages and clearing data protection, AYM,

I have set up an engineer’s visit for you which you will be able to view from your online account here.

Cheers,
Corey C

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

16 REPLIES 16

Zoie_P
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi AYM,

Welcome to our forums and thank you for your post 🙂 
I am sorry to hear you are having issues with your landline, I have located your account and can see you are affected by an outage that has affected your landline, the estimated fix date is 29 JUL 2021 14:00.

Keep us posted from your end and if it is still not fixed after the fixed date we can take a look 🙂
Zoie

Hello, I have just received another text from Virgin saying the outage is fixed, the 3rd in as many days, but the phone still has no dial tone and when it is rung it has a constant busy tone. I would very much welcome help/advice on how to ensure this problem is actually resolved. Many thanks.

Zoie_P
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi AYM, 

I am sorry I know this can be frustrating, I have checked and it advised your landline is still having issues due to the outage, 

Zoie

Thank you for letting me know; perhaps tomorrow will bring better news. 

You're welcome AYM. Please do reach out whenever you wish for an update. 

^Martin

Hello again, another full day and still no phone and no idea if/when it might be resolved? An update and a way forward on this matter would be very much appreciated. Thank you.

Zak_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Really sorry to hear that you are still without service @AYM.

Is your connected via the the hub?

Kind regards,

Zak_M

Hello, no we are connected via the phone jack, always have been. 

Hi @AYM,

Do you have any other sockets and/or handsets in the home that you can test so we can narrow down if this is an equipment related issue or not?

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!